- Ph.D., Finance, University of California - Berkeley, 2011
- M.A., Statistics, University of California - Berkeley, 2011
- B.S., Finance, University of Pennsylvania, 1998
- B.S., Engineering, University of Pennsylvania, 1998
Current Research Topics
- Bank structure, financial intermediation,
- household finance
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
- 2011 - present
U.S. Treasury, Office of Financial Research
- 2012 - present
The Johns Hopkins University
- 2014 - present
- 2004 - 2006
- 2002 - 2004
Director, Strategic Development
- 2000 - 2002
Analyst, Corporate Finance
Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette Securities Corporation
- 1998 - 2000
- Ahmed, Javed I., Christopher Anderson, and Rebecca Zarutskie (2015). "Are the Borrowing Costs of Large Financial Firms Unusual?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2015-024. Washington: Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System.
- Ahmed, Javed I. (2014). "Competition in Lending and Credit Ratings," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2014-23. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Ahmed, Javed, Brad M. Barber, and Terrance Odean (2013). "Made Poorer by Choice: Worker Outcomes in Social Security v. Private Retirement Accounts," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2013-23. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
Last update: May 23, 2016