- Ph.D., Public Policy, Harvard University, 2006
- M.A., City Planning, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2001
- B.A., Economics/Political & Social Thought, University of Virginia, 1997
Current Research Topics
- Retail location choice
- Neighborhood housing markets
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
- 2014 - present
University of Southern California, Price School of Public Policy
- 2009 - 2014
City College of New York, Dept. of Economics
- 2008 - 2009
New York University, Furman Center for Real Estate and Urban Policy
- 2006 - 2007
- Schuetz, Jenny (Forthcoming). "Do Rail Transit Stations Encourage Neighborhood Retail Activity? " Urban Studies.
- Schuetz, Jenny (2014). "Do Art Galleries Stimulate Redevelopment?" Journal of Urban Economics, vol. 83, no. 2, pp. 59-72.
- Schuetz, Jenny, and Richard K. Green (2014). "Is the Art Market More Bourgeois than Bohemian?" Journal of Regional Science, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 273-303.
- Schuetz, Jenny, Jed Kolko, and Rachel Meltzer (2012). "Are Poor Neighborhoods 'Retail Deserts'?" Regional Science and Urban Economics, vol. 42, no. 1-2, pp. 269-285.
- Meltzer, Rachel, and Jenny Schuetz (2012). "Bodegas Or Bagel Shops? Neighborhood Differences in Retail and Household Services," Economic Development Quarterly, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 73-94.
- Schuetz, Jenny, Rachel Meltzer, and Vicki Been (2011). "Silver Bullet Or Trojan Horse? the Effects of Inclusionary Zoning on Local Housing Markets in the United States," Urban Studies, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 297-329.
- Meltzer, Rachel, and Jenny Schuetz (2010). "What Drives the Diffusion of Inclusionary Zoning?" Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 578-602.
- Schuetz, Jenny, Rachel Meltzer, and Vicki Been (2009). "31 Flavors of Inclusionary Zoning: Comparing Policies from San Francisco, Washington DC and Suburban Boston," Journal of the American Planning Association, vol. 75, no. 4, pp. 441-456.
- Sims, Katharine R. E., and Jenny Schuetz (2009). "Local Regulation and Land-use Change: The Effects of Wetlands Bylaws in Massachusetts," Regional Science and Urban Economics, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 409-421.
- Schuetz, Jenny (2009). "No Renters in My Suburban Backyard: Land use Regulation and Rental Housing," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 296-320.
- Schuetz, Jenny, Vicki Been, and Ingrid Gould Ellen (2008). "Neighborhood Effects of Concentrated Mortgage Foreclosures," Journal of Housing Economics, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 306-319.
- Schuetz, Jenny (2008). "Are Mortgage Loans the New Toasters? the Roles of Housing Demand and Political Patronage in Mexican Housing Finance," International Real Estate Review, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 1-31.
- Schuetz, Jenny (2008). "Guarding the Town Walls: Mechanisms and Motives for Restricting Multifamily Housing in Massachusetts," Real Estate Economics, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 555-586.
Homer Hoyt Institute
Lincoln Institute for Land Policy
- Economic Development Quarterly
- Housing Policy Debate
- Housing Studies
- Journal of Housing and the Built Environment
- Journal of Housing Economics
- Journal of Public Policy
- Journal of Regional Science
- Journal of Urban Affairs
- Journal of Urban Economics
- Public Administration Review
- Public Works Management and Policy
- RAND working papers
- Real Estate Economics
- Regional Science and Urban Economics
- Social Science Quarterly
- Socio-Economic Planning Series
- State and Local Government Review
- University of Chicago press
- Urban Affairs Review
- Urban Studies
- Member, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, 2006-present
- Member, Association for Public Policy and Management, 2006-present
- Member, Urban Land Institute, 2009-2011
- Member, International Council of Shopping Centers, 2013-present
Last update: October 27, 2014