Public Hearing on Home Equity Lending
Held on Thursday, September 7, 2000, at the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco,
San Francisco, Calif.
Transcript of the public hearing held on September 7, 2000, on home equity lending. The transcript is available for the morning and afternoon sessions; it is also presented in its entirety.
- Morning Session
- Edward M. Gramlich, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, Chairman of the Federal Reserve Board's Committee on Consumer and Community Affairs
For the Division of Consumer and Community Affairs, Federal Reserve Board, Washington, D.C.:
- Dolores S. Smith, Director, (Moderator, afternoon session)
- Glenn E. Loney, Deputy Director, (Moderator, morning session)
- James A. Michaels, Esq., Managing Counsel
- Jane E. Ahrens, Esq., Senior Counsel
- Sandra Braunstein, Assistant Director and Community Affairs Officer (Afternoon session)
For the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco:
- Joy Hoffman Molloy, Director, Community Affairs and Public Information, Federal Reserve Bank, San Francisco
Panel No. 1
Peggy L. Twohig, Assistant Director, Division of Financial Practices, Bureau of Consumer Protection, Federal Trade Commission
- Elena Delgado, President, Irwin Home Equity Corporation
- Robert Gnaizda, Policy Director & General Counsel, The Greenlining Institute
- Ann Carlton Bose, President, Estate Funding, Inc.
- Mary Lee Widener, Chief Executive Officer, Neighborhood Housing Services of America, Inc.
- David H. Sands, Partner, Troop Steuber Pasich Reddick & Tobey, LLP
- Norma P. Garcia, Senior Attorney, Consumers Union
- Sandor E. Samuels, Managing Director, Legal General Counsel & Secretary, Countrywide Home Loans, Inc.
- John L. Bley, Director, Department of Financial Institutions, State of Washington
- Daniel J. Mulligan, Partner, Jenkins & Mulligan
- Michael A. Rankins, Partner, Jenkins & Mulligan
- John A. Courson, President & CEO, Central Pacific Mortgage Company
- Afternoon Session
Panel No. 2
Alan Fisher, Executive Director, California Reinvestment Committee
- Francine McKinney, President, Home Buyer Assistance Center
- Chester Carl, Chairman, Board of Directors, National American Indian Housing Council
- Chris Lamberti, Board of Directors, American Association of Retired Persons
- Steven Hornburg, Executive Director, Research Institute for Housing America
Home | Community
development | Public hearings
To comment on this site, please fill out our
Last update: February 14, 2002