Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) Calendar
FOMC Longer-Run Goals and Monetary Policy Strategy (PDF)
Recent Statement | Recent Minutes | View All >
FOMC press conference
Watch video on-demand from the September 18, 2013 press conference.
Credit and Liquidity Programs and the Balance Sheet
Expands information provided about the policy tools the Federal Reserve has employed to address the financial crisis. Includes a detailed explanation of the Federal Reserve's balance sheet, discussion of Federal Reserve risk-management practices, and information on the types and amounts of collateral being pledged at various lending facilities.
Federal Open Market Committee
Monetary policy is made by the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC), which consists of the members of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System and five Reserve Bank presidents. The FOMC holds eight regularly scheduled meetings during the year, and other meetings as needed.
2013 Committee Members
- Ben S. Bernanke, Board of Governors, Chairman
- William C. Dudley, New York, Vice Chairman
- James Bullard, St. Louis
- Charles L. Evans, Chicago
- Esther L. George, Kansas City
- Jerome H. Powell, Board of Governors
- Sarah Bloom Raskin, Board of Governors
- Jeremy C. Stein, Board of Governors
- Eric S. Rosengren, Boston
- Daniel K. Tarullo, Board of Governors
- Janet L. Yellen, Board of Governors