2003 SSBF: Methedology Appendix B Screen Reader version ♣
Pretest Two Debriefing Memo
To: John D. Wolken
From: Bill Sherman
Re: Pretest Two Training - Action Items
Cc: Traci Mach, Bob Bailey, Carol Emmons
Below is a summary of the action items identified by NORC at last Friday's Pretest Two training session. Please feel free to comment and edit as appropriate.
- NORC will send to the FRB electronic versions of all pretest two training materials, plus hard-copy versions of the screener and main quex, on Monday, May-10.
- NORC will send to the FRB daily versions of CATI programs with a list of new issues that have been integrated and tested by NORC and are ready to be reviewed by the FRB.
- NORC will send to the FRB a daily status report of all FRB-initiated CATI, hard-copy, QxQ and other issues, showing each issue's current status.
- NORC will provide IWers with PT2 mailings, for reference.
- NORC will send to the FRB pretest-one CATI versions of the screener and main quex.
- NORC will update the main quex to provide optional stems for verifying amounts.
- NORC will update both questionnaires to permit IWers to skip introducing themselves, if they have already introduced themselves to an R in one of the prompts to overcome objections.
- NORC will add a QxQ for Subsection H, explaining that information identifying the address of an R's financial institution is used by the FRB to help determine the amount of bank competition in a given area, and cannot be used access the firm's records at the financial institution.
- NORC will record, integrate, text and report to the FRB about other fixes identified during training.
- NORC will add several questions to the IWer observation quex about the worksheet mailing.
- If an IWer uses the Exception key, he or she must enter an amount, and should probe and then record R's explanation for the reason(s) for an out-of-range response.
- IWers should verify the spelling of institution names; the verification will improve the speed and accuracy of the institution look-up procedure.
- IWers should read amounts verbatim as they appear on the verification screen, not repeat amounts as they were reported by Rs.
- NORC will update job aid #1, which provides information to help Rs determine their firm's organizational type.
- NORC will update the job aid for answering machine/voice mail scripts. NORC will add a script for reaching proxies, and will consider adding a sentence to one or more of the existing scripts indicating that the screening interview takes only five minutes.
- NORC will create a job aid that identifies the 25 largest U.S. banks and lending institutions (information to be provided by the FRB), with their common aliases. This job aid may also include rules for entering institution names, e.g., "and" instead of "&" and "FCU" instead of "F C
U" or "federal credit union."