Meet the Economists
- Ph.D., Economics, University of California - Los Angeles, 2005
- M.A., Economics, Bocconi University, 2000
- B.A., Economics, Bocconi University, 1999
- International Business Cycles, Macroeconomic
- Effects of Labor and Trade Policies
Assistant Director and Chief, Global Modeling Studies Section
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2018 - present
Chief, Global Modeling Studies Section
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2015 - 2018
Project Manager, Euro Area
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2014 - 2015
Johns Hopkins University2013
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2012 - 2014
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2007 - 2012
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City2005 - 2007
Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta2004
Italian Embassy, Washington D.C.1999
- Erceg, Christopher, Andrea Prestipino, and Andrea Raffo (2018). "The Macroeconomic Effects of Trade Policy," International Finance Discussion Papers 1242. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Cuba-Borda, Pablo, Alexander Mechanick, and Andrea Raffo (2018). "Monitoring the World Economy: A Global Conditions Index," IFDP Notes 2018-06-15. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Eggertsson, Gauti, Andrea Ferrero, and Andrea Raffo (2014). "Can Structural Reforms Help Europe?" Journal of Monetary Economics, vol. 61, pp. 2-22.
- Ohanian, Lee E., and Andrea Raffo (2012). "Aggregate Hours Worked in OECD Countries: New Measurement and Implications for Business Cycles," Journal of Monetary Economics, vol. 59, no. 1, pp. 40-56.
- Raffo, Andrea (2010). "Technology Shocks: Novel Implications for International Business Cycles," International Finance Discussion Papers 992. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Raffo, Andrea (2008). "Net Exports, Consumption Volatility and International Business Cycle Models," Journal of International Economics, vol. 75, no. 1, pp. 14-29.
- Ohanian, Lee, Andrea Raffo, and Richard Rogerson (2008). "Long-Term Changes in Labor Supply and Taxes: Evidence from OECD Countries 1956-2004," Journal of Monetary Economics, vol. 55, no. 8, pp. 1353-1362.
- Ohanian, Lee, Andrea Raffo, and Richard Rogerson (2007). "Work and Taxes: Allocation of Time in OECD Countries," Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City Economic Review, vol. 92, no. 3, pp. 37-58.
- Raffo, Andrea (2005). "Essays in International Business Cycles," Ph.D. dissertation, University of California, Los Angeles.
Federal Reserve Board
Special Achievement Award
International Economic Review
Excellence in Refereeing Award
Federal Reserve Bank, Kansas City
President's Award for Excellence
- American Economic Review
- American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics
- B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics
- Economic Bulletin
- Economic Journal
- Economic Letters
- European Economic Review
- International Economic Review
- International Journal of Central Banking
- Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control
- Journal of European Economic Association
- Journal of Economic Theory
- Journal of International Economics
- Journal of International Money and Finance
- Journal of Macroeconomics
- Journal of Monetary Economics
- Journal of Money, Credit, and Banking
- Journal of Public Economics
- Labour Economics
- Macroeconomic Dynamics
- Oxford Economic Papers
- Review of Economic Dynamics
- Review of Economic Studies
- Scandinavian Journal of Economics
- The Manchester School
- American Economic Association
- European Economic Association