Meet the Economists
- Ph.D., Economics, Duke University, 2011
- M.A., Economics, Duke University, 2008
- B.S., Economics, Saint Louis University, 2005
- Housing Market Dynamics, Mortgage Finance
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2020 - present
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2016 - 2020
Assistant Professor of Finance
New York University, Stern School of Business2011 - 2016
- Fuster, Andreas, Aurel Hizmo, Lauren Lambie-Hanson, James Vickery, and Paul Willen (2021). "How Resilient Is Mortgage Credit Supply? Evidence from the COVID-19 Pandemic," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2021-048. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Bhutta, Neil, and Aurel Hizmo (2021). "Do Minorities Pay More for Mortgages?" The Review of Financial Studies, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 763-789.
- Bhutta, Neil, Andreas Fuster, and Aurel Hizmo (2020). "Paying Too Much? Price Dispersion in the U.S. Mortgage Market," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2020-062. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Anenberg, Elliot, Aurel Hizmo, Edward Kung, and Raven Molloy (2019). "Measuring Mortgage Credit Availability: A Frontier Estimation Approach," Journal of Applied Econometrics, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 865-882.
- Hizmo, Aurel, and Shane Sherlund (2018). "The Effects of the Ability-to-Repay / Qualified Mortgage Rule on Mortgage Lending," FEDS Notes 2018-11-16. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Arcidiacono, Peter, Patrick Bayer, and Aurel Hizmo (2010). "Beyond Signaling and Human Capital: Education and the Revelation of Ability," American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 76-104.
AREUEA National Conference
Consumer Finance Round Robin
System Applied Micro Conference, Consumer Finance Round Robin, FDIC Consumer Research Symposium
Arizona State, Freddie Mac, OFR (Treasury)
GSE Workshop, NY Fed
29th Australasian Finance and Banking Conference
Federal Housing Finance Agency, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, Federal Reserve Board
CUNY Baruch College, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
Atlanta Fed Real Estate Conference
NBER Summer Institute, PERE
Boston Fed Housing-Urban-Labor Conference, NYC Real Estate Conference
University of Illinois at Chicago
AREUA/AEA Chicago, Housing-Urban-Labor Conference at Chicago Fed
University of Chicago, NYU Stern, UPenn Wharton, Penn State, Washington University in St. Louis, Philadelphia Fed, Fed Board, USC Marshall, Duke Fuqua
RDCCP at Philadelphia Fed
Erid Conference on Housing Market Dynamics, Duke University
2014 | NYU Stern
- Economic Inquiry
- Housing Studies
- International Journal of Industrial Organization
- International Journal of the Economics of Business
- Journal of Empirical Finance
- Journal of Finance
- Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis
- Journal of Housing Economics
- Journal of Labor Economics
- Journal of Political Economy
- Labour Economics
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences
- Real Estate Economics
- Review of Economic Dynamics
- Review of Finance
- Review of Financial Studies