Meet the Economists
- Ph.D., Economics, Columbia University, 2007
- M.Sc., Econometrics and Mathematical Economics, London School of Economics, 2001
- B.A., Business Administration, Budapest University of Economic Sciences, 2000
- Financial intermediation
- Monetary and macroprudential policies
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2018 - present
University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School2016 - 2018
International Monetary Fund2007 - 2018
- Dell'Ariccia, Giovanni, Dalida Kadyrzhanova, Camelia Minoiu, and Lev Ratnovski (2018). "Bank Lending in the Knowledge Economy," CEPR Discussion Paper 12994. Centre for Economic Policy Research.
- Kapan,Tümer, and Camelia Minoiu (2018). "Balance Sheet Strength and Bank Lending: Evidence from the Global Financial Crisis," Journal of Banking & Finance, vol. 92, pp. 35-50.
- Dell'Ariccia, Giovanni, Caio Ferreira, Nigel Jenkinson, Luc Laeven, Alberto Martin, Camelia Minoiu, and Alex Popov (2018). "Managing the Sovereign-Bank Nexus," IMF Departmental Paper No. 18/16. International Monetary Fund.
- Hale, Galina,Tümer Kapan, and Camelia Minoiu (2016). "Crisis Transmission in the Global Banking Network," IMF Working Paper No. 16/91. International Monetary Fund.
- Epure, Mircea, Irina Mihai, Camelia Minoiu, and José-Luis Peydró (2018). "Household Credit, Global Financial Cycle, and Macroprudential Policies: Credit Register Evidence from an Emerging Country," Working Paper No. 18/13. International Monetary Fund.
- Agarwal, Sumit, Thomas Kigabo, Camelia Minoiu, Andrea F. Presbitero, and André F. Silva (2018). "Financial Inclusion Under the Microscope," IMF Working Paper No. 18/208. International Monetary Fund.
- Abuka, Charles, Ronnie Alinda, Camelia Minoiu, José Luis Peydró, and Andrea Presbitero (2017). "Financial Development and Monetary Policy: Loan Applications, Rates, and Real Effects," CEPR Discussion Paper 12171. Centre for Economic Policy Research.
- Cerutti, Eugenio, Galina Hale, and Camelia Minoiu (2015). "Financial Crises and the Composition of Cross-Border Lending," Journal of International Money and Finance, vol. 52, pp. 60-81.
- Minoiu, Camelia, Chanhyun Kang, V.S. Subrahmanian, and Anamaria Berea (2015). "Does Financial Connectedness Predict Crises?" Quantitative Finance, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 607-624.
- Minoiu, Camelia, and Javier A. Reyes (2013). "A Network Analysis of Global Banking: 1978–2010," Journal of Financial Stability, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 168-184.
- Kapan, Tümer, and Camelia Minoiu (2014). "Liquidity Shocks and the Supply of Credit After the 2007-2008 Crisis," International Journal of Finance, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 12-23.
- Kapan, Tümer, and Camelia Minoiu (2013). "Strength in Lending," Finance and Development, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 52-55.
- Minoiu, Camelia (2012). "Caught in the Web," Finance and Development, vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 15-17.
International Monetary Fund
Study Leave (ISP-1) for Research on Banking
International Monetary Fund
Divisional Award for "Creativity, Collaboration and Extraordinary Effort"
- Associate Editor, Journal of Financial Stability (2018 to date)
- Associate Editor, Journal of Network Theory in Finance (2014 to date)