Meet the Economists
- Ph.D., Economics, University of Pennsylvania, 2005
- M.A., Economics, University of Pennsylvania, 2002
- B.A., Economics, Bocconi University, 1998
- Macroeconomic Uncertainty, News Announcements
- Unconventional Monetary Policy
Special Adviser to the Vice Chair
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2020 - present
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, Division of Financial Stability2018 - 2020
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, Division of Financial Stability2014 - 2017
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, Division of International Finance2011 - 2014
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, Division of International Finance2005 - 2011
Ph.D. Summer Intern
European Central Bank2003
Credit Suisse First Boston, London1998 - 2000
- Aramonte, Sirio, Chiara Scotti, and Ilknur Zer (2020). "Measuring the Liquidity Profile of Mutual Funds," International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 143-178.
- Barbarino, Alessandro, and Chiara Scotti (2020). "Real-Time Measurement of Business Conditions, Macroeconomic Surprises, and Uncertainty: Is a Recession Looming?" in C. James Hueng (ed.), Alternative Economic Indicators, chapter 5, pp. 57-80. Kalamazoo, MI: W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Bowman, David, Chiara Scotti, and Cindy M. Vojtech (2020). "How Correlated is LIBOR with Bank Funding Costs?," FEDS Notes 2020-06-29. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Aramonte, Sirio, Chiara Scotti, and Ilknur Zer (2020). "Monitoring the Liquidity Profile of Mutual Funds," FEDS Notes 2020-05-29. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Demiralp, Selva, Sharmila King, and Chiara Scotti (2019). "Does Anyone Listen When Politicians Talk? The Effect of Political Commentaries on Policy Rate Decisions and Expectations," Journal of International Money and Finance, vol. 95, pp. 95-111.
- Rogers, John H., Chiara Scotti, and Jonathan H. Wright (2018). "Unconventional Monetary Policy and International Risk Premia," Journal of Money, Credit, and Banking, vol. 50, no. 8, pp. 1827-1850.
- Gilbert, Thomas, Chiara Scotti, Georg Strasser, and Clara Vega (2017). "Is the Intrinsic Value of a Macroeconomic News Announcement Related to its Asset Price Impact?" Journal of Monetary Economics, vol. 92, pp. 78-95.
- Scotti, Chiara (2016). "Surprise and Uncertainty Indexes: Real-Time Aggregation of Real-Activity Macro Surprises," Journal of Monetary Economics, vol. 82, pp. 1-19.
- Scotti, Chiara (2014). "Comment on 'Central Bank Macroeconomic Forecasting during the Global Financial Crisis: The European Central Bank and Federal Reserve Bank of New York Experiences'," Journal of Business and Economic Statistics, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 504-506.
- Rogers, John Harold, Chiara Scotti, and Jonathan H. Wright (2014). "Evaluating Asset-Market Effects of Unconventional Monetary Policy: A Multi-Country Review," Economic Policy, vol. 29, no. 80, pp. 749-799.
- Scotti, Chiara (2011). "A Bivariate Model of Federal Reserve and ECB Main Policy Rates," International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 37-78.
- Ammer, John, Fang Cai, and Chiara Scotti (2011). "Has International Financial Co-Movement Changed? Emerging Markets in the 2007-2009 Financial Crisis," in Batten, Jonathan, Peter G. Szilagyi eds., The Impact of the Global Financial Crisis on Emerging Financial Markets. Bingley: United Kingdom: Emerald Group Publishing Limited, pp. 231-253.
- Aruoba, S. Boragan, Francis Diebold X., and Chiara Scotti (2009). "Real-Time Measurement of Business Conditions," Journal of Business and Economic Statistics, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 417-427.
- Benediktsdottir, Sigridur, and Chiara Scotti (2009). "Exchange Rates Dependence: What Drives it?" International Finance Discussion Papers 969. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Brunetti, Celso, Chiara Scotti, Roberto S. Mariano, and Augustine H. H. Tan (2008). "Markov Switching GARCH Models of Currency Turmoil in Southeast Asia," Emerging Markets Review, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 104-128.
- Scotti, Chiara (1999). "Modelling the Term Structure of Futures Commodity Prices: An Empirical Analysis in the Copper Market," Rivista di Politica Economica, vol. 89, no. 12, pp. 67-102.
University of Pennsylvania
Hiram C. Haney Fellowship Award in Economics
Rivista di Politica Economica
Angelo Costa, Prize for Best Undergrad Dissertation
2013 | Federal Reserve Board, Washington DC
NBER-NSF Time Series Conference
International Association for Applied Econometrics (IAAE)
2019 | ECB, Frankfurt
Gender and Career Progression Conference (joint BoE, Fed & ECB)
TBD | Washington, DC
Uncertainty and Economic Activity: Global Perspectives (IMF & Board of Governors)
2021 | Washington, DC
Diversity and Inclusion Conference (BoC, BoE, Fed &ECB)
- American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics
- Economic Letters
- Empirical Economics
- European Economic Review
- International Economic Review
- International Journal of Central Banking
- International Review of Economic and Finance
- Journal of Applied Econometrics
- Journal of Banking and Finance
- Journal of Business and Economic Statistics
- Journal of Financial Services Research
- Journal of Forecasting
- Journal of International Money and Finance
- Journal of Macroeconomics
- Journal of Money, Credit, and Banking
- Journal of Monetary Economics
- Journal of Political Economy
- Journal of Public Economics
- The BE Journals in Macroeconomics
- The Review of Economics and Statistics
- American Economic Association
- European Economic Association
- Econometric Society