Meet the Economists
- Ph.D., Economics, University of Pennsylvania, 2005
- M.A., Economics, University of Pennsylvania, 2002
- B.A., Economics, Bocconi University, 1998
- Macroeconomic Uncertainty, News Announcements
- Unconventional Monetary Policy
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, Office of Financial Stability and Research2014 - present
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, International Finance2011 - 2014
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, International Finance2005 - 2011
European Central Bank2003
Credit Suisse First Boston, London1998 - 2000
- Scotti, Chiara (2016). "Surprise and Uncertainty Indexes: Real-Time Aggregation of Real-Activity Macro Surprises," Journal of Monetary Economics, vol. 82, pp. 1-19.
- Demiralp, Selva, Sharmila King, and Chiara Scotti (2016). "Does Anyone Listen when Politicians Talk? The Effect of Political Commentaries on Policy Rate Decisions and Expectations," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2016-058. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Rogers, John H., Chiara Scotti, and Jonathan H. Wright (2016). "Unconventional Monetary Policy and International Risk Premia," International Finance Discussion Papers 1172. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Gilbert, Thomas, Chiara Scotti, Georg Strasser, and Clara Vega (2015). "Is the Intrinsic Value of Macroeconomic News Announcements Related to Their Asset Price Impact?" Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2015-046. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Scotti, Chiara (2014). "Comment on 'Central Bank Macroeconomic Forecasting during the Global Financial Crisis: The European Central Bank and Federal Reserve Bank of New York Experiences'," Journal of Business and Economic Statistics, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 504-506.
- Rogers, John Harold, Chiara Scotti, and Jonathan H. Wright (2014). "Evaluating Asset-Market Effects of Unconventional Monetary Policy: A Multi-Country Review," Economic Policy, vol. 29, no. 80, pp. 749-799.
- Scotti, Chiara (2011). "A Bivariate Model of Federal Reserve and ECB Main Policy Rates," International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 37-78.
- Ammer, John, Fang Cai, and Chiara Scotti (2011). "Has International Financial Co-Movement Changed? Emerging Markets in the 2007-2009 Financial Crisis," in Batten, Jonathan, Peter G. Szilagyi eds., The Impact of the Global Financial Crisis on Emerging Financial Markets. Bingley: United Kingdom: Emerald Group Publishing Limited, pp. 231-253.
- Aruoba, S. Boragan, Francis Diebold X., and Chiara Scotti (2009). "Real-Time Measurement of Business Conditions," Journal of Business and Economic Statistics, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 417-427.
- Benediktsdottir, Sigridur, and Chiara Scotti (2009). "Exchange Rates Dependence: What Drives it?" International Finance Discussion Papers 969. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Brunetti, Celso, Chiara Scotti, Roberto S. Mariano, and Augustine H. H. Tan (2008). "Markov Switching GARCH Models of Currency Turmoil in Southeast Asia," Emerging Markets Review, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 104-128.
- Scotti, Chiara (1999). "Modelling the Term Structure of Futures Commodity Prices: An Empirical Analysis in the Copper Market," Rivista di Politica Economica, vol. 89, no. 12, pp. 67-102.
University of Pennsylvania
Hiram C. Haney Fellowship Award in Economics
Rivista di Politica Economica
Angelo Costa, Prize for Best Undergraduate Dissert
2013 | Federal Reserve Board, Washington DC
NBER-NSF Time Series Conference
2015, 2016, 2017
International Association for Applied Econometrics (IAAE)
- American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics
- Economic Letters
- Empirical Economics
- European Economic Review
- International Economic Review
- International Journal of Central Banking
- International Review of Economic and Finance
- Journal of Applied Econometrics
- Journal of Business and Economic Statistics
- Journal of Financial Services Research
- Journal of International Money and Finance
- Journal of Macroeconomics
- Journal of Money, Credit, and Banking
- Journal of Monetary Economics
- Journal of Political Economy
- Journal of Public Economics
- The BE Journals in Macroeconomics
- American Economic Association
- European Economic Association
- Econometric Society