Meet the Economists
- Ph.D., Economics, University of California - Los Angeles, 2016
- M.A., Economics, Colorado State University, 2010
- B.A., English|Film Studies, University of Colorado-Denver, 2005
Current Research Topics
- Zoning and land-use regulation
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2016 - present
- Boustan, Leah Platt, Devin Bunten, and Owen Hearey (forthcoming). "Urbanization in the United States, 1800-2000," Oxford Handbook of American Economic History.
- Bunten, Devin (2017). "Is the Rent Too High? Aggregate Implications of Local Land-Use Regulation," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2017-064. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Bunten, Devin, and Matthew E. Kahn (2017). "Optimal Real Estate Capital Durability and Localized Climate Change Disaster Risk," Journal of Housing Economics, vol. 36, pp. 1-7.
- Bunten, Devin (2016). "Essays on the Economics of Space," Ph.D. dissertation, University of California, Los Angeles.
- Bunten, Devin, Stephan Weiler, Eric Thompson, and Sammy Zahran (2015). "Entrepreneurship, Information, and Growth," Journal of Regional Science, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 560-584.
- Bunten, Devin, and Matthew E. Kahn (2014). "The Impact of Emerging Climate Risks on Urban Real Estate Price Dynamics," NBER Working Paper 20018. National Bureau of Economic Research.
- Boustan, Leah Platt, Devin Bunten, and Owen Hearey (2013). "Urbanization in the United States, 1800-2000," NBER Working Paper 19041. National Bureau of Economic Research.
Last update: June 19, 2017