Meet the Economists
Mathias S. Kruttli
- Ph.D., Economics, University of Oxford, 2015
- M.Phil., Economics, University of Oxford, 2011
- M.A., Economics, New York University, 2008
- B.A., Economics, University of Zurich, 2005
- Asset Management, Climate Finance
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2019 - present
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2015 - 2018
- Anadu, Kenechukwu, Mathias Kruttli, Patrick McCabe, and Emilio Osambela (2020). "The Shift from Active to Passive Investing: Potential Risks to Financial Stability?," Financial Analysts Journal, vol. 76, no. 4, pp. 23-39.
- Kruttli, Mathias S. (forthcoming). "From Which Consumption-Based Asset Pricing Models Can Investors Profit? Evidence from Model-Based Priors, Journal of Financial Econometrics.
- Kruttli, Mathias S., Brigitte Roth Tran, and Sumudu W. Watugala (2019). "Pricing Poseidon: Extreme Weather Uncertainty and Firm Return Dynamics," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2019-054. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Kruttli, Mathias S., Phillip J. Monin, and Sumudu W. Watugala (2017). "Investor Concentration, Flows, and Cash Holdings: Evidence from Hedge Funds," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2017-121. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Kruttli, Mathias S., Andrew J. Patton, and Tarun Ramadorai (2015). "The Impact of Hedge Funds on Asset Markets," Review of Asset Pricing Studies, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 182-226.
MFA Annual Meeting
Best Paper in Investments Award
SFS Finance Cavalcade
Review of Asset Pricing Studies Keynote
FMA Napa Conference
Best Paper Award
- Review of Financial Studies
- Management Science
- Journal of Business & Economic Statistics
- Economic Journal
- European Financial Management
- Associate Member of the Oxford-Man Institute of Quantitative Finance