Meet the Economists
Robert F. Sarama
- Ph.D., Economics, Ohio State University, 2010
- M.A., Economics, Ohio State University, 2006
- B.S., Economics, Louisiana State University, 2005
Current Research Topics
- Real Estate Finance, Housing Markets
- Bank Stress Testing, Bank Responses to Regulation
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2011 - present
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation2010 - 2011
- Chae, Sarah, Robert F. Sarama, Cindy M. Vojtech, and James Wang (2018). "The Impact of the Current Expected Credit Loss Standard (CECL) on the Timing and Comparability of Reserves," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2018-020. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Du, Fang, Chris Finger, Ben Ranish, and Robert Sarama (2018). "Sources of Modelling Variation in CECL Allowances," in The New Impairment Model Under IFRS 9 and CECL, Jing Zhang (ed.). Risk Books.
- Calem, Paul S., and Robert F. Sarama, Jr. (2017). "Why Mortgage Borrowers Persevere: An Explanation of First and Second Lien Performance Mismatch," Real Estate Economics, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 28-74.
- Johnson, Kathleen W., and Robert F. Sarama (2015). "End of the Line: Behavior of HELOC Borrowers Facing Payment Changes," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2015-073. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Brasington, David M., and Robert F. Sarama (2008). "Deed Types, House Prices and Mortgage Interest Rates," Real Estate Economics, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 587-610.
- Sarama, Robert F. (2010). "Asset Pricing and Portfolio Choice in the Presence of Housing," Ph.D. dissertation, Ohio State University.
- Brasington, David M., and Robert F. Sarama (2006). "Deed Types, House Prices and Mortgage Interest Rates," Working Paper Aug. Dept. of Economics Louisiana State University.
Last update: December 6, 2018