Meet the Economists
- Ph.D., Economics, University of Michigan, 2014
- M.A., Economics, University of Michigan, 2010
- A.B., Economics, University of Chicago, 2005
- A.B., History, University of Chicago, 2005
Current Research Topics
- Buyer-Seller Relationships in International Trade
- Gains from Trade for Different Income Groups
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2014 - present
- Monarch, Ryan, Jooyoun Park, and Jagadeesh Sivadasan (2017). "Domestic Gains from Offshoring? Evidence from TAA-linked U.S. Microdata," Journal of International Economics, vol. 105, pp. 150-173.
- Lewis, Logan, and Ryan Monarch (2016). "Causes of the Global Trade Slowdown," IFDP Notes 2016-11-10. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Monarch, Ryan (2016). "'It's Not You, It's Me': Breakups in U.S.-China Trade Relationships". International Finance Discussion Papers 1165. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Monarch, Ryan, and Tim Schmidt-Eisenlohr (2016). "Learning and the Value of Relationships in International Trade," Working Papers 16-11. Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Kamal, Fariha, C. J. Krizan, and Ryan Monarch (2015). "Identifying Foreign Suppliers in U.S. Merchandise Import Transactions," International Finance Discussion Papers 1142. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System.
- Monarch, Ryan, Jooyoun Park, and Jagadeesh Sivadasan (2014). "Gains from Offshoring?: Evidence from U.S. Microdata," International Finance Discussion Papers 1124. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Yang, Dennis Tao, Vivian Weijia Chen, and Ryan Monarch (2010). "Rising Wages: Has China Lost its Global Labor Advantage?" Pacific Economic Review, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 482-504.
- Quarterly Journal of Economics
- Canadian Journal of Economics
- Economic Journal
- European Economic Review
- Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization
- Journal of Comparative Economics
- Journal of Development Economics
- Review of International Economics
Last update: April 10, 2017