Meet the Economists
Simon B. Firestone
- Ph.D., Business Administration, Haas School of Business, University of California - Berkeley, 2006
- M.P.P., Public Affairs, Woodrow Wilson School, Princeton University, 1994
- B.A., Psychology, Swarthmore College, 1992
Current Research Topics
- Consumer Finance
- Banking Regulation
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2008 - present
Senior Housing Economist
Freddie Mac2006 - 2008
- Firestone, Simon, Amy Lorenc, and Ben Ranish (2017). "An Empirical Economic Assessment of the Costs and Benefits of Bank Capital in the US," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2017-034. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Firestone, Simon, and Marcelo Rezende (2016). "Are Banks' Internal Risk Parameters Consistent? Evidence from Syndicated Loans," Journal of Financial Services Research, vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 211-242.
- Firestone, Simon (2014). "Race, Ethnicity, and Credit Card Marketing," Journal of Money, Credit, and Banking, vol. 46, no. 6, pp. 1205-1224.
- Firestone, Simon, and Marcelo Rezende (2013). "Are Banks' Internal Risk Parameters Consistent? Evidence from Syndicated Loans," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2013-84. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Calem, Paul S., Simon Firestone, and Susan M. Wachter (2010). "Credit Impairment and Housing Tenure Status," Journal of Housing Economics, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 219-232.
- Firestone, Simon, and Maoyong Fan (2010). "Firm Market Value and Production Technology," International Journal of Industrial Organization, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 434-440.
- Firestone, Simon, Robert Van Order, and Peter Zorn (2007). "The Performance of Low-Income and Minority Mortgages," Real Estate Economics, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 479-504.
Last update: April 30, 2018