Meet the Economists
Stephen A. Meyer
- Ph.D., Economics, Yale University, 1979
- M.Phil., Economics, Yale University, 1972
- A.B., Economics, Oberlin College, 1970
- Unconventional Monetary Policy
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2008 - present
Adjunct Professor of Finance
The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania1989 - present
VP and Senior Policy Advisor
Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia2000 - 2008
VP and Associate Director of Research
Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia1987 - 2000
Research Officer and Economist
Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia1985 - 1986
Assistant Professor of Finance
The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania1979 - 1984
The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania1974 - 1979
- Santomero, Anthony M., and Stephen A. Meyer (2004). "The Role of the Lender of Last Resort and its Risk Management Techniques," in Pringle, R., N. Carver eds., New Horizons in Risk Management for Central Bankers. London, U.K.: Central Banking Publications Ltd., pp. 157-174.
- Meyer, Stephen A., and Richard Lang (2002). "Discount Window Alternatives to Open Market Operations," in Alternative Instruments for Open Market and Discount Window Operations. Washington DC: Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, pp. 3-1-3-87.
- Meyer, Stephen A., and Richard Startz (1982). "Real Versus Nominal Forecast Errors in the Prediction of Foreign Exchange Rates," Journal of International Money and Finance, vol. 1, pp. 193-200.