- Ph.D., Economics, University of California, Santa Barbara, 1997
- M.A., Economics, University of California, Santa Barbara, 1993
- B.A., Economics, University of California, Los Angeles, 1991
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
- 2014 - present
Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
- 2009 - 2014
Ernst & Young
- 2007 - 2009
Public Policy Institute of California
- 2004 - 2007
IZA (Institute for the Study of Labor)
- 2005 - 2009
University of Arizona
- 1997 - 2004
- Do, Chau, and Arturo Gonzalez (2015). "Hispanic Brokers and Borrowers: The Effect of Language Affinity on the Price of Home Mortgages," Regional Science and Urban Economics, vol. 50, pp. 77-86.
- Gonzalez, Arturo (2013). "The Evolution of Hispanic Literacy in the Twenty-First Century: From the First to the Third Generation," in Mora, Marie T., Alberto Davila eds., The Economic Status of the Hispanic Population: Selected Essays. Charlotte, NC: IInformation Age Publishing, Inc., pp. 33-48.
- Flores, Carlos A., Alfonso Flores-Lagunes, Arturo Gonzalez, and Todd C. Neumann (2012). "Estimating the Effects of Length of Exposure to Instruction in a Training Program: The Case of Job Corps," Review of Economics and Statistics, vol. 94, no. 1, pp. 153-171.
- Gonzalez, Arturo (2011). "Is there a Link between Hispanics and First-Generation College Students? the Importance of Exposure to a College-Going Tradition," in Leal, David L., Stephen J. Trejo eds., Immigrants and Minorities, Politics and Policy series. New York and Heidelberg: Springer, pp. 95-110.
- Flores-Lagunes, Alfonso, Arturo Gonzalez, and Todd Neumann (2010). "Learning but Not Earning? the Impact of Job Corps Training on Hispanic Youth," Economic Inquiry, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 651-667.
- Flores-Lagunes, Alfonso, Arturo Gonzalez, and Todd Neumann (2008). "Does Job Corps Training Boost the Labor Market Outcomes of Young Latinos?" in DeFreitas, Gregory ed., Young Workers in the Global Economy: Job Issues in North America, Europe and Japan. Cheltenham, U.K. and Northampton, Mass.: Elgar, pp. 265-286.
- Gonzalez, Arturo (2007). California's Commitment to Adult English Learners: Caught Between Funding and Need. San Francisco, CA: Public Policy Institute of California.
- Gonzalez, Arturo (2007). "Day Labor in the Golden State," in California Economic Policy, San Francisco, CA: Public Policy Institute of California, vol. 3, no. 3.
- Gonzalez, Arturo (2006). "Children of NAFTA: Labor Wars on the U. S./Mexico Border (Book Review)," Work & Occupations, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 118-120.
- Gonzalez, Arturo, and Michael J. Hilmer (2006). "The Role of 2-Year Colleges in the Improving Situation of Hispanic Postsecondary Education," Economics of Education Review, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 249-257.
- Sandy, Jonathan, Arturo Gonzalez, and Michael J. Hilmer (2006). "Alternative Paths to College Completion: The Effect of Attending a 2-Year School on the Probability of Completing a 4-Year Degree," Economics of Education Review, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 463-471.
- Flores-Lagunes, Alfonso, Arturo Gonzalez, and Todd Neumann (2004). "Out of the Barrio: Do Young Hispanics Benefit from Residential Job Training Programs?" In Proceedings of the 56th Annual Meeting, January 3-5, 2004, San Diego, California. Chicago, IL: Industrial Relations Research Association, pp. 110-121.
- Gonzalez, Arturo (2003). "The Education and Wages of Immigrant Children: The Impact of Age at Arrival," Economics of Education Review, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 203-212.
- De la Torre, Adela, and Arturo Gonzalez (2002). "The Educational Outcomes of Minorities in Arizona: Implications for National and State Policy Makers," Educational Policy, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 288-310.
- Gonzalez, Arturo (2002). Mexican americans and the U.S. economy: Quest for buenos dias. Tucson: University of Arizona Press.
- Gonzalez, Arturo (2002). The Impact of the 2001/2002 Economic Recession on Hispanic Workers: A Cross-Sectional Comparison of Three Generations. California: Pew Hispanic Center, Annenberg School for Communication at the University of Southern California.
- Gonzalez, Arturo (2000). "The Acquisition and Labor Market Value of Four English Skills: New Evidence from NALS," Contemporary Economic Policy, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 259-269.
- Gonzalez, Arturo (2000). "What English Skills Matter to Immigrants? the Acquisition and Value of Four English Skills," in Gonzalez, Roseann D., Ildiko Melis eds., Language Ideologies: Critical Perspectives on the Official Language Movement, Volume 1, Education and Social Implications of Official Language. Urbana, Il: NCTE, pp. 205-226.
- Gonzalez, Arturo (1999). "Rebirth: Mexican Los Angeles from the Great Migration to the Great Depression, by Douglas Monroy," Journal of Economic History, vol. 59, no. 4, pp. 1117-1118.
- Gonzalez, Arturo (1998). "Mexican Enclaves and the Price of Culture," Journal of Urban Economics, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 273-291.
University of California-Santa Barbara
Best Dissertation in the Social Sciences, 1996-98
Last update: June 6, 2016