The Federal Reserve Board eagle logo links to home page

Contacting Federal Agencies  ESPAÑOL

For information on filing a complaint about a bank, savings and loan, or credit union, contact one of the following federal agencies, depending on the type of institution you bank at.

State-chartered banks that are members of the Federal Reserve System

Federal Reserve Consumer Help

PO Box 1200
Minneapolis, MN 55480

888-851-1920 (Phone)
877-766-8533 (TTY)
877-888-2520 (Fax)
Email: [email protected]

See How to File a Consumer Complaint About a Bank.

State-chartered banks that are not members of the Federal Reserve System

Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation

Consumer Response Center
1100 Walnut Street, Box 11
Kansas City, MO  64106

(877) 275-3342 (toll free)

Finance companies, stores, auto dealers, mortgage companies, and credit bureaus

Federal Trade Commission

Consumer Response Center - 240
600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC  20580

(877) 382-4357 (toll free)

Federally chartered credit unions (those with "federal" in the name)

National Credit Union Administration

Office of Public and Congressional Affairs
1775 Duke Street
Alexandria, VA  22314-3428

(800) 755-1030
(703) 518-6409 (Fax)

For state-chartered credit unions, contact your state’s regulatory agency.

National banks (banks with "national" in the name or "N.A." after the name) and federal savings associations

Office of the Comptroller of the Currency

Customer Assistance Group
1301 McKinney Street, Suite 3450
Houston, TX  77010

(800) 613-6743

E-mail: [email protected]

See Answers and Solutions for Customers of National Banks