- Ph.D., Economics, University of California - San Diego, 2011
- M.A., Economics, University of California - San Diego, 2007
- M.A., Financial Markets, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, 2002
- B.A., Economics, Universidad de Buenos Aires, 2000
Current Research Topics
- Investments, Mutual Funds
- Return Predictability, Macro-finance Linkages
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
- 2011 - present
The World Bank
- 2003 - 2005
- 2001 - 2002
- Banegas, Ayelen (2016). "Predictability of Growth in Emerging Markets: Information in Financial Aggregates," International Finance Discussion Papers 1174. Washington: Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System.
- Banegas, Ayelen, Gabriel Montes-Rojas, and Lucas Siga (2016). "Mutual Fund Flows, Monetary Policy and Financial Stability," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2016-071. Washington: Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Banegas, Ayelen, Ruth Judson, Charles Sims, and Viktors Stebunovs (2015). "International Dollar Flows," International Finance Discussion Papers 1144. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System.
- Banegas, Ayelen, Ben Gillen, Allan Timmermann, and Russ Wermers (2013). "The Cross Section of Conditional Mutual Fund Performance in European Stock Markets," Journal of Financial Economics, vol. 108, no. 3, pp. 699-726.
- Journal of Financial Econometrics
Last update: September 19, 2016