- Ph.D., Economics, University of Iowa, 2007
- B.S., Finance, Economics, Iowa State University, 2001
Current Research Topics
- Financial Stress / Default
- Macrofinancial Models
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
- 2007 - present
Johns Hopkins University
- 2009 - present
- Carlson, Mark, Kurt F. Lewis, and William R. Nelson (2012). "Using Policy Intervention to Identify Financial Stress," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2012-02. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Whiteman, Charles H., and Kurt F. Lewis (2008). "Prediction Formulas," in Durlauf, Steven N., Lawrence E. Blume eds., The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics. . 2nd. ed.New York: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Carlson, Mark A., Thomas B. King, and Kurt F. Lewis (2011). "Distress in the Financial Sector and Economic Activity," B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, Vol. 11, no. 1, Article 35.
- Lewis, Kurt F. (2009). "The Two-Period Rational Inattention Model: Accelerations and Analyses," Computational Economics, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 79-97.
- Lewis, Kurt F., and Charles H. Whiteman (2006). "Empirical Bayesian Density Forecasting in Iowa and Shrinkage for the Monte Carlo Era," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 28. Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Review of Economics and Statistics
- Econometric Reviews
- International Journal of Forecasting
- International Journal of Central Banking
- Member, American Economics Association, 2007-present
Last update: December 9, 2013