- Ph.D., Finance, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2006
- M.A., Statistics, Columbia University, 2001
- M.A., Economics, State University of New York at Buffalo, 2000
- B.A., Business Administration, Mathematics Education, Seoul National University, 1999
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
- 2013 - present
Visiting Assistant Professor of Finance
Robert H. Smith School of Business, University of Maryland
- 2012 - 2013
Assistant Professor of Finance
SKK Graduate School of Business, Sungkyunkwan University
- 2006 - 2013
Sloan School of Business, MIT
- Ogden, Rick, Francisco Palomino, Nitish Sinha, and Youngsuk Yook (2016). "Corporate Bond Issuers' Swap Exposure to Rising Interest Rates," FEDS Notes. Washington: Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System.
- Gerlach, Jeffrey R. and Youngsuk Yook (2016). "Political Conflict and Foreign Portfolio Investment: Evidence from North Korean Attacks," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2016-037. Washington: Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System.
- Maksimovic, Vojislav, Mandy Tham, and Youngsuk Yook (2015). "Demand Shock, Liquidity Management, and Firm Growth during the Financial Crisis," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2015-096. Washington: Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System.
- Punatar, Priya and Youngsuk Yook (2014). "Measuring Direct Investment in the Financial Accounts of the United State," FEDS Notes 2014-10-31. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Julio, Brandon, and Youngsuk Yook (2013). "Policy Uncertainty, Irreversibility, and Cross-Border Flows of Capital," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2013-64. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Julio, Brandon, and Youngsuk Yook (2012). "Political Uncertainty and Corporate Investment Cycles," Journal of Finance, vol. 67, no. 1, pp. 45-83.
2014 AEA Conference, 2013 EFA Conference*, 2013 WFA conference, 2013 Lisbon Meeting on Institutions and Political Economy*
2012 University of Chicago Conference on Policy Uncertainty and its Economic Implications*, 2012 FMA Conference, 2012 TCFA Best Paper Symposium*
2012 China International Conference in Finance, 2010 Asian Finance Association International Conference, 2010 Finance Down Under Conference
2010 AFA Conference*, 2009 EFA Conference, 2009 Singapore International Conference on Finance, 2009 Paris Spring Corporate Finance Conference*
2008 China International Conference in Finance*, 2008 Asian Finance/Nippon Finance Association Joint International Conference*, 2007 EFA Conference
2006 Korean Association of Futures and Options Conference, 2006 FMA Conference (Top-Ten Percent Session), 2006 FMA European Conference
* indicates presentation by co-author
Lisbon Meeting on Institutions and Political Economy
Best Paper Award
The Chinese Finance Association
Best Paper Award
Last update: June 13, 2016