Supervisory Policy and Guidance Topics
Community banks serve businesses and consumers throughout the country, in both rural and urban areas, and are leading provider of credit to small businesses. In general, community banks can be defined as those owned by organizations with less than $10 billion in assets. Regional and community banking organizations constitute the largest number of banking organizations supervised by the Federal Reserve System.Sections on this page:
- SR 14-7
- Loan Coverage Requirements for Safety and Soundness Examinations of Community State Member Banks
- SR 13-21
- Inspection Frequency and Scope Requirements for Bank Holding Companies and Savings and Loan Holding Companies with Total Consolidated Assets of $10 Billion or Less
- SR 13-15 / CA 13-11
- Federal Reserve Resources for Minority Depository Institutions
- SR 13-14
- Timing Standards for the Completion of Safety-and-Soundness Examination and Inspection Reports for Community Banking Organizations
- SR 13-10
- Format for Safety-and-Soundness Reports of Examination and Inspection for Community State Member Banks and Holding Companies Rated Composite "4" or "5"
- SR 13-5
- Revisions to the Required Data Fields for the Interagency Loan Data Request
- SR 11-14
- Supervisory Expectations for Risk Management of Agricultural Credit Risk
- SR 10-17
- Underwriting Standards for Small Business Loans Originated under the Small Business Lending Fund Program
- SR 02-19
- Use of Statistical Sampling in the Review of Commercial and Industrial Loans and Commercial Real Estate Loans during On-Site Safety and Soundness Examinations of Community Banks
- SR 01-19 (SUP)
- Reports of Examination of Community Banking Organizations
- SR 99-25 (SUP)
- Minimum Documentation Standards for Loan Line Sheets
- SR 98-9 (SUP)
- Assessment of Information Technology in the Risk-Focused Frameworks for the Supervision of Community Banks and Large Complex Banking Organizations
- SR 97-25 (SUP)
- Risk-Focused Framework for the Supervision of Community Banks
Commercial Bank Examination Manual
- Section 2140.1, "Agricultural Loans"
- Section 2082.1, "Loan-Sampling Program for Certain Community Banks"
- Section 6003.1, "Community Bank Examination Report"
Last update: November 3, 2014