Informing the public about the Federal Reserve
Money, Interest Rates, and Monetary Policy
- How will the Federal Reserve normalize monetary policy when it becomes appropriate to do so?
- How will Federal Reserve policymakers judge when the economy is ready for the start of monetary policy normalization?
- What does the Federal Open Market Committee mean by "monetary policy normalization"?
- Why are interest rates being kept at a low level?
- How will the Federal Reserve ensure that the size of its balance sheet won’t lead to excessive inflation?
- What are the Federal Reserve's large-scale asset purchases?
- How does forward guidance about the Federal Reserve's target for the federal funds rate support the economic recovery?
- How does the Federal Reserve's buying and selling of securities relate to the borrowing decisions of the federal government?
- How does monetary policy influence inflation and employment?
- What are the Federal Reserve's objectives in conducting monetary policy?
- What is the money supply? Is it important?
- What is the difference between monetary policy and fiscal policy, and how are they related?
Last update: October 28, 2015