|About | Courses | Joint Programs | Related sites | Contact us|
- August 21 - August 25, 2017
(Washington, D.C.) Apply Now >>>
Risk Management and Internal Controls SeminarFederal Reserve System Courses
Type of Participant Targeted
This program is for all examiners with more than six months of field examination experience.
The course is designed to provide examiners with an understanding of the importance of internal controls and risk management in banks, and how the review of internal controls and risk management fits into the overall bank rating assessment. The course is also intended to give examiners guidance on assessing the risk management and internal control environment in key functions such as credit administration and investments, including trading operations, deposits, and payment systems risk.
Upon completion of this 4-1/2-day seminar, the participant will have
- Gained an overall understanding of key risk management and internal control concepts
- Understood the role of internal and external audits and the internal control environment in a bank
- Become familiar with the role of information technology in banking institutions and the general risk factors and control areas
- Developed examination skills for assessing the risk management and internal control environment of banks in such areas as lending function management and operating areas (funds transfer, trading and investments, trade finance/letters of credit, etc.), resulting in the assignment of an internal control rating
- Developed the ability to apply risk management and internal control examination concepts consistently among banks