Suspicious E-mails, Phone calls or other Fraudulent Communication

If you have received an email claiming to be from the Federal Reserve, see our Fraud and Scams page.

To file a complaint about a suspected fraudulent email, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigation's Internet Crime Complaint Center at

Consumer Assistance or Complaints against a bank or other financial institution

Consumers can contact the Federal Reserve to file complaints about financial institutions that the Federal Reserve regulates and get answers to frequently answered questions:

Website: Federal Reserve Consumer Help (FRCH)
Phone: 888-851-1920 (Phone), 877-766-8533 (TTY)
File a Complaint

Damaged or Mutilated Currency

For depository institutions:

Exchanging Foreign Currency

The Federal Reserve does not provide currency exchange services. Please contact your financial institution for information on how to exchange foreign currency or contact an exchange provider in your area.

Treasury Securities and Savings Bonds

Savings bonds can be purchased and redeemed through the TreasuryDirect program, which is administered by the Department of Treasury. To purchase savings bonds, or for additional information, please contact TreasuryDirect:

Website: Treasury Direct
Contact Us

Federal Income Taxes and Tax Filing

Consumers can contact the Internal Revenue Service about obtaining forms and the status of their refund.


  • For individuals: IRS toll-free assistance line at 1-800-829-1040.
  • For businesses: IRS toll-free assistance line at 1-800-829-4933.
Board of Governors Contact

For all inquiries not addressed on the topic tabs on the left, please write to us:

Contact Us

Main Telephone
For other inquiries, or to speak with an operator: 202-452-3000

Back to Top
Last Update: May 03, 2024