Education, Training, and Assistance
The Federal Reserve provides a number of programs and publications for officials and staff of state member banks, bank holding companies, and savings and loan holding companies, as well as financial industry staff, regulators, and the public. These include:
- The Federal Reserve's supervisory education includes examiner commissioning programs for large financial institutions, community banks, and consumer compliance, in addition to a suite of learning options for continuing professional development.
- Ask the Fed® is a program for officials of banks and bankers' associations to address new or important regulatory issues or supervisory guidance. Time is provided for participants to ask questions on the material presented. Although these calls are primarily geared for bankers, members of bank boards of directors, and other regulatory agencies may also register.
- Community Banking Connections® is a publication designed to clarify key supervisory guidance; highlight new regulations; provide perspectives from bank examiners and Federal Reserve staff; and address challenges and concerns facing community banks and provide resources to assist them.
- Consumer Compliance Outlook® is a quarterly publication dedicated to consumer compliance issues.
- FedLinks® is a single-topic bulletin prepared specifically for community banks. Each bulletin provides an overview of a key supervisory topic, explains how supervisory staff typically addresses that topic, highlights related policies and guidance, if applicable, and discusses examination expectations, as appropriate, at community banks.
- Outlook Live is a webinar series that digs deeper into consumer compliance topics of interest.
- Rapid Response® is a learning program developed to respond to emerging or acute issue, new law, regulation or guidance, or similar need. Each session consists of a presentation and an open question-and-answer period. Registration is free and open to regulatory agencies; it is not available to the general public.
- The Federal Reserve offers training and technical assistance for supervisors and staff of other central banks, as well as for foreign banking supervisory authorities.
Last Update: February 22, 2023