The Federal Reserve Board eagle logo links to home page

What you should know about Home Equity Lines of Credit. Illustration of a house with trees behind it.

Where to Go for Help

For additional information or to file a complaint about a bank, savings and loan, credit union, or other financial institution, contact one of the following federal agencies, depending on the type of institution.

State-chartered bank members of the Federal Reserve System

Federal Reserve Consumer Help
PO Box 1200
Minneapolis, MN 55480
888-851-1920 (toll free)
877-766-8533 (TTY) (toll free)
877-888-2520 (fax) (toll free)
e-mail: [email protected]

National banks 1 and Federal Savings Associations

Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC)
Customer Assistance Group
1301 McKinney Street, Suite 3450
Houston, TX 77010
800-613-6743 (toll free)
713-336-4301 (fax)
e-mail: [email protected]

Federally chartered credit unions2

National Credit Union Administration (NCUA)
Office of Public and Congressional Affairs
1775 Duke Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
800-755-1030 (toll free)
703-518-6409 (fax)
email: [email protected]

For state-chartered credit unions, contact the regulatory agency in the state in which the credit union is chartered.

Federally insured state-chartered banks that are not members of the Federal Reserve System

Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
Consumer Response Center
1100 Walnut Street, Box 11
Kansas City, MO 64106
877-ASK-FDIC (877-275-3342) (toll free)
e-mail: [email protected]

Mortgage companies and other lenders

Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
Consumer Response Center
600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20580
202-326-3758 or (877) FTC-HELP
866-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357) (toll free)

What You Should Know about Home Equity Lines of Credit | Glossary | Checklist

Last update: August 5, 2011