Meet the Economists
- Ph.D., Economics, UCLA, 2018
- M.A., Economics, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella, 2011
- B.A., Economics, Universidad de Buenos Aires, 2007
- Macroeconomics and Asset Prices
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2018 - present
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2017
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis2017
The World Bank2011 - 2012
Inter-American Development Bank2009 - 2011
- Schneider, Andrés (forthcoming). "Risk Sharing and the Term Structure of Interest Rates," The Journal of Finance.
- Schneider, Andrés (forthcoming). "Who Should Buy Stocks When Volatility Spikes?" Journal of Financial Markets.
- Chernov, Mikhail, Lukas Schmid, and Andrés Schneider (2020). "A Macrofinance View of U.S. Sovereign CDS Premiums," The Journal of Finance, vol. 75, no. 5, pp. 2809-2844.
- Bigio, Saki, and Andrés Schneider (2017). "Liquidity Shocks, Business Cycles and Asset Prices," European Economic Review, vol. 97, pp. 108-130.
UCLA Marcia & Herbert Howard Fellowship
Best Paper Award in Macroeconomics
Dissertation Year Fellowship
Graduate Student Fellowship
The Central Bank of Argentina
Annual Award on Economic Research