Meet the Economists
- Ph.D., Economics, Harvard University, 2013
- B.A., Economics/Applied Math, University of California Berkeley, 2005
- Household Financial Behavior, Mortgage Regulation
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2013 - present
- Firestone, Simon, Amy Lorenc, and Ben Ranish (2017). "An Empirical Economic Assessment of the Costs and Benefits of Bank Capital in the US," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2017-034. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Campbell, John Y., Tarun Ramadorai, and Benjamin Ranish (2015). "The Impact of Regulation on Mortgage Risk: Evidence from India," American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 71-102.
- Campbell, John Y., Tarun Ramadorai, and Benjamin Ranish (2014). "Getting Better Or Feeling Better? How Equity Investors Respond to Investment Experience," NBER Working Papers 20000. National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ranish, Benjamin (2013). "Essays on Stock Investing and Investor Behavior," Ph.D. dissertation, Harvard University.
- Campbell, John Y., Tarun Ramadorai, and Benjamin Ranish (2012). "How do Regulators Influence Mortgage Risk? Evidence from an Emerging Market," NBER Working Papers 18394. National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
Society for Financial Studies Cavalcade
Getting Better or Feeling Better?