Meet the Economists
- Ph.D., Economics, University of Maryland, 2006
- M.A., Economics, University of Maryland, 2004
- B.S., Industrial Engineering, Bilkent University, 2001
- Monetary Policy Transmission, Financial Frictions
- Macroprudential Policies, Solution Methods
Federal Reserve Board2015 - present
Federal Reserve Board2014 - 2015
Federal Reserve Board2013 - 2014
Federal Reserve Board2007 - 2013
Congressional Budget Office2006 - 2007
University of Maryland2019
University of Maryland2014 - 2015
Georgetown University2010 - 2012
Federal Reserve Board2005
- de Groot, Oliver, C. Bora Durdu and Enrique G. Mendoza (2020). "Approximately Right?: Global v. Local Methods for Open-Economy Models with Incomplete Markets," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2020-006. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Durdu, C. Bora, and Molin Zhong (2019). "Understanding Bank and Nonbank Credit Cycles: A Structural Exploration," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2019-031. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Durdu, C. Bora, Alex Martin, and Ilknur Zer (2019). "The Role of U.S. Monetary Policy in Global Banking Crises," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2019-039. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Durdu, Bora, Rochelle Edge, and Daniel Schwindt (2017). "Measuring the Severity of Stress-Test Scenarios," FEDS Notes 2017-05-05. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Boz, Emine, Ceyhun Bora Durdu, and Nan Li (2015). "Emerging Market Business Cycles: The Role of Labor Market Frictions," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 31-72.
- Durdu, C. Bora, Ricardo Nunes, and Horacio Sapriza (2013). "News and Sovereign Default Risk in Small Open Economies," Journal of International Economics, vol. 91, no. 1, pp. 1-17.
- Durdu, Ceyhun Bora (2013). "Emerging Market Business Cycles: Recent Advances," International Economic Journal, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 183-199.
- Durdu, C. Bora, Enrique G. Mendoza, and Marco E. Terrones (2013). "On the Solvency of Nations: Cross-Country Evidence on the Dynamics of External Adjustment," Journal of International Money and Finance, vol. 32, pp. 762-780.
- Durdu, Ceyhun Bora (2011). "Review of 'Emerging Markets Resilience and Growth Amid Global Turmoil' by M. Ayhan Kose and Eswar S. Prasad," Journal of International Economics, vol. 85, no. 1, pp. 160-162.
- Boz, Emine, Christian Daude, and Ceyhun Bora Durdu (2011). "Emerging Market Business Cycles: Learning about the Trend," Journal of Monetary Economics, vol. 58, no. 6-8, pp. 616-631.
- Durdu, Ceyhun Bora, Enrique G. Mendoza, and Marco E. Terrones (2009). "Precautionary Demand for Foreign Assets in Sudden Stop Economies: An Assessment of the New Mercantilism," Journal of Development Economics, vol. 89, no. 2, pp. 194-209.
- Durdu, Ceyhun Bora, and Serdar Sayan (2010). "Emerging Market Business Cycles with Remittance Fluctuations," International Monetary Fund staff papers, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 303-325.
- Durdu, Ceyhun Bora (2009). "Quantitative Implications of Indexed Bonds in Small Open Economies," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 883-902.
- Durdu, Ceyhun Bora, and Enrique G. Mendoza (2006). "Are Asset Price Guarantees Useful for Preventing Sudden Stops?: A Quantitative Investigation of the Globalization Hazard-Moral Hazard Tradeoff," Journal of International Economics, vol. 69, no. 1, pp. 84-119.
NBER Summer Institute, Midwest Macro Meetings, Computing in Economics and Finance
Society for Economic Dynamics, Central Bank Modeling Workshop
Norges Bank, University of Oslo
Computing in Economics and Finance
European Central Bank, George Washington University
AREUEA, Canadian Economic Association, Society for Economic Dynamics, IMF-FRB workshop on the interaction of monetary policy and financial stability
University of Maryland
Sytem Committe on International Economic Analysis
Winter Meetings of Econometric Society, Society for Economic Dynamics, Summer Meetings of Econometric Society, NBER IFM Summer Institute
The Central Bank of Turkey, TOBB ETU
ASSA Meetings, Summer Meetings of Econometric Society, Society for Economic Dynamics, Central Bank Macroeconomic Modelling Workshop
Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, Indiana University
Seoul National University
System Commitee on International Economic Analysis
Challenges in Open-Economy Macroeconomics after the Financial Crisis, FRB St. Louis; Econometric Society Summer Meetings; ASSA Meetings; SNDE Meetings
Federal Reserve Bank of New York, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
ASSA Meetings, IMF Conference on Systemic Risk and Macroprudential Tools
Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, World Bank, Georgetown University, Federal Reserve Board
Sovereign Debt Conference Hertie School, Berlin, Germany, Society for Economic Dynamics, Midwest Macro Meetings
Institute for Advanced Studies, Vienna, Austria; Singapore Management University; National University of Singapore
Bank of Canada, International Monetary Fund, Inter American Development Bank, Federal Reserve Board, Central Bank of Turkey
NBER IFM Spring Meetings, Summer Meetings of Econometric Society
Midwest Macro Meetings, System Commitee on International Economic Analysis
Duke University, Ohio State University, Rutgers University, Federal Reserve Board
15th World Congress of the International Economic Association; European Meetings of the Econometric Society
Federal Reserve Board, Congressional Budget Office
NBER IFM Fall Meetings; Society for Economic Dynamics; Society for Computational Economics; New Perspective on Financial Globalization, IMF-Cornell
Remittances and the Macroeconomy Conference, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
Society for Computational Economics
Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, Congressional Budget Office, Bilkent University, Koc University, Sabanci University, Central Bank of Turkey, TOBB ETU
Midwest Macro Meetings; Inter-University Conference, Princeton University,
Federal Reserve Board, University of Maryland
Emerging Markets and Macroeconomic Volatility Conference, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
Bank of England; University of Maryland
Federal Reserve Board
Special Achievement Award
Journal of International Economics
Outstanding Reviewer Award
Society for Computational Economics
First Prize, the Student Prize Competition
Federal Reserve Board
Department of Economics, University of Maryland
Summer Research Grant
Merit Scholarship (1997-2001)
- Review of Economic Studies
- Journal of Monetary Economics
- Journal of International Economics
- American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics
- International Economic Review
- Journal of Money Credit and Banking
- Journal of the European Economic Association
- Journal of Development Economics
- European Economic Review
- Economic Journal
- Review of Economic Dynamics
- B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics
- Journal of International Money and Finance
- IMF Economic Review
- Macroeconomic Dynamics
- Journal of Macroeconomics
- Economic Letters
- Canadian Journal of Economics
- Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance
- Review of International Economics
- International Journal of Central Banking
- International Review of Economics and Finance
- International Economics
- CUNY Research Grant
- METU Studies in Development
- Research Affiliate, TUSIAD-KOC University Economic Research Forum, 2010-present
- Member, the Central Bank Research Association (CEBRA), 2015-present