- Ph.D., Economics, Columbia University, 2004
- M.A., Economics, Bocconi University, 1998
- B.A., Economics, University of Rome "La Sapienza", 1997
Current Research Topics
- Executive Compensation, Financial Contracting
- Corporate Cash Holdings
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
- 2006 - present
Assistant Professor of Finance
HEC School of Management, University of Montreal
- 2004 - 2006
Visiting Assistant Professor of Finance
Smith School of Business, University of Maryland
- 2005 - 2006
- Falato, Antonio, and David Scharfstein (2016). "The Stock Market and Bank Risk-Taking," NBER Working Papers 22689. National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Falato, Antonio, and J. Nellie Liang (2016). "Do Creditor Rights Increase Employment Risk? Evidence from Loan Covenants," Journal of Finance., vol. 71, no. 6, pp. 2545–2590.
- Li, Dan, Antonio Falato, and Tod Milbourn (2015). "Which Skills Matter in the Market for CEOs? Evidence from Pay for CEO Credentials," Management Science, vol. 61, no. 2, pp. 2845-2869.
- Falato, Antonio, Dalida Kadyrzhanova, and Ugur Lel (2014). "Distracted Directors: Does Board Busyness Hurt Shareholder Value?" Journal of Financial Economics, vol. 113, no. 3, pp. 404-426.
- Falato, Antonio, and Jae W. Sim (2014). "Why do Innovative Firms Hold so Much Cash? Evidence from Changes in State R&D Tax Credits," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2014-72. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Falato, Antonio, Dalida Kadyrzhanova, and Jae W. Sim (2013). "Rising Intangible Capital, Shrinking Debt Capacity, and the US Corporate Savings Glut," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2013-67. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Falato, Antonio (2009). "Happiness Maintenance and Asset Prices," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 1247-1262.
Last update: January 9, 2017