January 11, 2007
Launch of new website, Resources for Bank Directors, and update of Insights online training course
For immediate release
The Federal Reserve Board on Thursday announced the launch of a new website for bank directors and the update of an existing online director training course.
Resources for Bank Directors (http://www.kansascityfed.org/bankdirect/) offers numerous resources designed to assist bank directors with their management oversight responsibilities. It was developed by the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City. Information available through the site includes:
- Data resources--financial data for banks and bank holding companies
- Publications--examination manuals, regulation and supervisory letters issued by the Federal Reserve System, written director training materials, speeches by members of the Board of Governors, and other general information
- Training--materials used by Federal Reserve System examiners and the System's director training course
- Events--a calendar of Federal Reserve events
- Banking Agencies--links to the websites of other federal and state banking agencies
Insights (http://www.stlouisfed.org/col/director/agenda.htm) is an online training course developed by the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City and supported by the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis. It introduces bank directors to corporate governance and director duties and responsibilities; covers basic bank financial analysis; and discusses the sources, control, and monitoring of portfolio risks, including credit, liquidity, and market risks. The course includes exercises and examples to reinforce points made in the study text. Additionally, it provides links to Internet sites that directors might find useful.
Questions and comments regarding Resources for Bank Directors or Insights should be directed to Timothy Todd at (816) 881-2308.