Hurricanes Irma, Harvey, and Maria Information and Resources
Information for financial institutions on the status of Federal Reserve Cash Services may be found here.
More information on cash services and how banks may safely handle cash that has been damaged by flooding may be found here.
Information on supervisory practices regarding banking organizations and their borrowers and other customers affected by a major disaster or emergency may be found here.
The Board recognizes efforts to work with customers affected by Hurricanes Irma and Harvey, which may include:
- Waiving automated teller machine (ATM) fees for customers and non-customers
- Increasing ATM daily cash withdrawal limits
- Waiving overdraft fees
- Waiving early withdrawal penalties on time deposits
- Waiving availability restrictions on insurance checks
- Easing restrictions on cashing out-of-state and non-customer checks
- Easing credit terms for new loans
- Increasing credit card limits for creditworthy customers
- Waiving late fees for credit card and other loan balances
- Offering payment accommodations, such as allowing loan customers to defer or skip some payments or extending the payment due dates, which would avoid delinquencies and negative credit bureau reporting caused by disaster-related disruptions
Federal Reserve Bank of New York
Statement Regarding Cash Operations in Puerto Rico
Office of Financlai Regulation