Meet the Economists
- Ph.D., Economics, New York University, 2020
- M.A., Economics, Institute for Advanced Studies, Vienna, 2013
- B.A., Applied Economics, Eotvos Lorand University, Budapest, 2011
- B.A., Finance and Accounting, Corvinus University, Budapest, 2009
Current Research Topics
- Transmission Mechanism of Monetary Policy
- Model Misspecification
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2020 - present
- Benhabib, Jess, and Bálint Szőke (2021). "Optimal Positive Capital Taxes at Interior Steady States," American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 114-150.
- Szőke, Bálint (2020). "Essays on Uncertainty, Model Misspecification, and Asset Pricing," Ph.D. dissertation, New York University.
- Benhabib, Jess, and Bálint Szőke (2020). "Optimal Positive Capital Taxes at Interior Steady States," NBER Working Paper No. 25895. The National Bureau of Economic Research.
- Hansen, Lars Peter, Bálint Szőke, and Lloyd S. Han, and Thomas J. Sargent (2020). "Twisted Probabilities, Uncertainty, and Prices," Journal of Econometrics, vol. 216, no. 1, pp. 151-174.
- American Economic Review
- Journal of Economic Theory
- Journal of Public Economics
- Journal of the European Economic Association
- Economics Letters
Last update: January 19, 2021