Meet the Economists
- Ph.D., Financial Economics, Carnegie Mellon University, 2007
- M.Sc., Computer Science (Machine Learning), Carnegie Mellon University, 2007
- M.Sc., Financial Economics, Norwegian School of Management, 2002
- B.A., Accounting, Fudan University (China), 1999
- Financial Intermediaries
- Liquidity management of institutional investors
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2015 - present
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2014 - 2015
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2007 - 2014
- Li, Dan, and Norman Schurhoff (forthcoming). "Dealer Networks," Journal of Finance.
- Hendershott, Terrence, Dan Li, Dmitry Livdan, and Norman Schurhoff (2017). "Relationship Trading in OTC Markets," CEPR Discussion Paper, no. 12472. Centre for Economic Policy Research.
- Cai, Fang, Song Han, Dan Li, and Yi Li (forthcoming). "Institutional Herding and Its Price Impact: Evidence from the Corporate Bond Market," Journal of Financial Economics.
- Li, Dan, Antonio Falato, and Tod Milbourn (2015). "Which Skills Matter in the Market for CEOs? Evidence from Pay for CEO Credentials," Management Science, vol. 61, no. 2, pp. 2845-2869.
- Li, Dan, and Geng Li (2014). "Are Household Investors Noise Traders: Evidence from Belief Dispersion and Stock Trading Volume," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2014-35. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Han, Song, and Dan Li (2010). "The Fragility of Discretionary Liquidity Provision: Lessons from the Collapse of the Auction Rate Securities Market," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2010-50. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Li, Dan, Richard C. Green, and Norman Schurhoff (2010). "Price Discovery in Illiquid Markets: Do Financial Asset Prices Rise Faster than they Fall?" Journal of Finance, vol. 65, no. 5, pp. 1669-1702.
- Li, Dan (2007). "New Findings in the Market Microstructure of Over-the-Counter Markets," Ph.D. dissertation, Carnegie Mellon University.
Journal of Finance
Smith Breeden Prize, Distinguished Paper