Meet the Economists
- Ph.D., Economics, Duke University, 2011
- M.A., Economics, Duke University, 2008
- B.A., Economics, Northwestern University, 2004
- Housing Market Dynamics
- Housing Affordability
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2017 - present
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2015 - 2017
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2011 - 2015
- Anenberg, Elliot, Aurel Hizmo, Edward Kung, and Raven Molloy (2017). "Measuring Mortgage Credit Availability: A Frontier Estimation Approach," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2017-101. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Anenberg, Elliot, and Steven Laufer (2017). "A More Timely House Price Index," Review of Economics and Statistics, vol. 99, no. 4, pp. 722-734.
- Anenberg, Elliot (2016). "Information Frictions and Housing Market Dynamics," International Economic Review, vol. 57, no. 4, pp. 1449–1479.
- Anenberg, Elliot, and Edward Kung (2015). "Information Technology and Product Variety in the City: The Case of Food Trucks," Journal of Urban Economics, vol. 90, pp. 60-78.
- Anenberg, Elliot, and Edward Kung (2014). "Estimates of the Size and Source of Price Declines Due to Nearby Foreclosures," American Economic Review, vol. 104, no. 8, pp. 2527-2551.
- Anenberg, Elliot (2011). "Loss Aversion, Equity Constraints and Seller Behavior in the Real Estate Market," Regional Science & Urban Economics, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 67-76.
- Anenberg, Elliot, and Patrick J. Bayer (2013). "Endogenous Sources of Volatility in Housing Markets: The Joint Buyer-Seller Problem," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2013-60. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
Bank of England Housing Conference, Fed Reserve Applied Micro Conference
ASSA Meetings, Commercial-Housing-Urban-Macro Conference, AREUEA National Conference, Urban Economics Association Conference
ASSA Meetings, AREUEA National Conference, Urban Economics Association Conference
Johns Hopkins (Carey), UCLA, Boston Fed
ASSA Meetings, DC Urban Day, Fed Reserve Applied Micro Conference
George Washington, Kansas City Fed, Toronto (Rotman), Wharton, Syracuse (Whitman)
Chicago Fed Bank Structure Conference, Econometric Society Summer Meetings, Housing-Urban-Labor-Macro Conference
Federal Reserve System Applied Micro Conference, Urban Economics Association Conference
Bank of Canada
American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association
Homer Hoyt Dissertation Award, First Prize
- American Economic Journal: Applied Economics
- American Economic Journal: Microeconomics
- American Economic Review
- International Economic Review
- Journal of Applied Econometrics
- Journal of Finance
- Journal of Housing Economics
- Journal of Housing Research
- Journal of Political Economy
- Journal of Public Economics
- Journal of Urban Economics
- Real Estate Economics
- Regional Science and Urban Economics
- Review of Economics and Statistics
- Review of Economic Studies
- Review of Industrial Organization