Meet the Economists
- Ph.D., Economics, Rice University, 2004
- M.A., Economics, University of Colorado, 1998
- B.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, Middle East Technical University, 1996
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2015 - present
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2012 - 2015
Senior Supervisory Financial Analyst
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2009 - 2011
Senior Financial Economist
Office of the Comptroller of the Currency - U.S. Treasury2006 - 2009
Office of the Comptroller of the Currency - U.S. Treasury2003 - 2006
- Inanoglu, H., Jacobs, M., Liu, J., and Sickles, R., (2016). "Analyzing Bank Efficiency: Are 'Too-Big-To-Fail' Banks Efficient?" In E. Haven, P. Molyneux; J. Wilson, S. Fedotov, and M. Duygun (Eds.), The Handbook of Post Crisis Financial Modelling, pp. 110-46, Chapter 5, Palgrave Macmillan.
- Inanoglu, Hulusi, Michael Jacobs, Junrong Liu, and Robin Sickles (2015). "Analyzing Bank Efficiency: Are 'Too-Big-to-Fail' Banks Efficient?" RISE Working Paper 15-016. Department of Economics, Rice University.
- Inanoglu, Hulusi, Michael Jacobs Jr., and Ahmet K. Karagozoglu (2014). "Bank Capital and New Regulatory Requirements for Risk in Trading Portfolios," Journal of Fixed Income, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 71-88.
- Inanoglu, Hulusi, and Michael Jacobs (2009). "Models for Risk Aggregation and Sensitivity Analysis: An Application to Bank Economic Capital," The Journal of Risk and Financial Management, vol. 2, pp. 118-189.
- Inanoglu, Hulusi, Mahmoud El-Gamal, and Mitch Stengel (2007). "Multivariate Estimation for Operational Risk with Judicious use of Extreme Value Theory," Journal of Operational Risk, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 21-54.
- El-Gamal, Mahmoud, and Hulusi Inanoglu (2005). "Inefficiency and Heterogeneity in Turkish Banking: 1990-2000," Journal of Applied Econometrics, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 641-664.
- Inanoglu, Hulusi, and Mahmoud El-Gamal (2004). "Islamic Banking in Turkey (1990-2000): Boon Or Bane for the Turkish Financial Sector?" In Proceedings of the Fifth Harvard University Forum on Islamic Finance. Cambridge: Center for Middle Eastern Studies, Harvard University, pp. 21-54.
- El-Gamal, Mahmoud, Nihal El-Megharbel, and Hulusi Inanoglu (2002). "Beyond Credit--A Taxonomy of Small and Medium-Size Enterprises and Financing Methods for Arab Countries," in Fawzy, Samiha ed., Globalization and Firm Competitiveness in the Middle East and North Africa Region. Washington, D.C.: World Bank, pp. 208-232.