Meet the Economists
Michael M. Batty
- Ph.D., Economics, University of Wisconsin, 2015
- S.B., Management, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2005
Current Research Topics
- Health Economics, Financial Education, Retirement
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2015 - present
Senior Consultant (Life Actuarial)
Deloitte Consulting2005 - 2010
- Batty, Michael, J. Michael Collins, and Elizabeth Odders-White (2015). "Experimental Evidence on the Effects of Financial Education on Elementary School Students' Knowledge, Behavior, and Attitudes," Journal of Consumer Affairs, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 69-96.
- Batty, Michael M., and Benedic N. Ippolito (2015). "Financial Incentives, Hospital Care, and Health Outcomes: Evidence from Fair Pricing Laws," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2015-107. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries
Last update: June 22, 2018