Meet the Economists
Tess C. Scharlemann
- Ph.D., Economics, U.C. San Diego, 2015
- A.B., Economics, Princeton University, 2003
- Mortgage performance, access to credit, household
- financial decision-making
Council of Economic Advisers2003 - 2005
Senior Advisor to the Assistant Secretary of Economic Policy
Office of Economic Policy, U.S. Treasury Department2008 - 2009
Office of Economic Policy, U.S. Treasury Department2009 - 2014
Office of Financial Research, U.S. Treasury Department2014 - 2018
Acting Associate Director, Financial Institutions and Risk Management
Office of Financial Research, U.S. Treasury Department2017 - 2018
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2018 - present
- Scharlemann, Therese C., and Stephen H. Shore (2016). "The Effect of Negative Equity on Mortgage Default: Evidence from HAMP's Principal Reduction Alternative," Review of Financial Studies, vol. 29, no. 10, pp. 2850-2883.
- Holden, Steve, Austin Kelly, Douglas McManus, Therese Scharlemann, Ryan Singer, and John D. Worth (2012). "The HAMP NPV Model: Development and Early Performance," Real Estate Economics, vol. 40, no. s1, pp. S32-S64.