Meet the Economists
Travis J. Berge
- Ph.D., Economics, University of California - Davis, 2011
- M.A., Economics, University of California Davis, 2007
- B.A., Economics, University of Colorado Boulder, 2004
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2017 - present
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2015 - 2017
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2014 - 2015
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City2011 - 2014
- Berge, Travis J. (2018). "Understanding Survey-Based Inflation Expectations," International Journal of Forecasting, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 788-801.
- Berge, Travis J. (2017). "Understanding Survey Based Inflation Expectations," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2017-046. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Berge, Travis, Nitish Sinha, and Michael Smolyansky (2016). "Which Market Indicators Best Forecast Recessions?" FEDS Notes 2016-08-02. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Berge, Travis J. (2015). "Predicting Recessions with Leading Indicators: Model Averaging and Selection over the Business Cycle," Journal of Forecasting, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 455-471.
- Berge, Travis J. (2014). "Forecasting Disconnected Exchange Rates," Journal of Applied Econometrics, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 713-735.
- Berge, Travis J., and Guangye Cao (2014). "Global Effects of U.S. Monetary Policy: Is Unconventional Policy Different?" Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City Economic Review, vol. 99, no. 1, pp. 65-91.
- Berge, Travis J., and Oscar Jorda (2013). "A Chronology of Turning Points in Economic Activity: Spain, 1850-2011," SERIEs, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 1-34.
- Berge, Travis J. (2012). "Has Globalization Increased the Synchronicity of International Business Cycles?" Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City Economic Review, vol. 97, no. 3, pp. 5-39.
- Berge, Travis J., and Oscar Jorda (2011). "Evaluating the Classification of Economic Activity into Recessions and Expansions," American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 246-277.
- Berge, Travis, Oscar Jorda, and Alan M. Taylor (2011). "Currency Carry Trades," in NBER International Seminar on Macroeconomics 2010, Clarida, Richard H., Francesco Giavazzi eds., Chicago and London: University of Chicago Press, distributed by Chicago Distribution Center, pp. 357-387.
- Canadian Journal of Economics
- CESifo Economic Studies
- Contemporary Economic Policy
- Empirical Economics
- International Journal of Central Banking
- International Journal of Forecasting
- Journal of Applied Econometrics
- Journal of Business & Economic Statistics
- Journal of Business Cycle Measurement and Analysis
- Journal of Economic Dynamics & Control
- Journal of Empirical Finance
- Journal of Forecasting
- Journal of International Economics
- Journal of Macroeconomics
- Journal of Money, Credit & Banking
- Macroeconomic Dynamics
- Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics and Econometrics
- American Economic Association