- Ph.D., Economics, Stanford University, 2001
- M.Sc., Economics, London School of Economics, 1996
- B.Sc., Economics, London School of Economics, 1995
Current Research Topics
- Monetary policy and macroprudential regulation.
- Solution and estimation of DSGE models.
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
- 2001 - present
Visiting Economist in Residence
Visiting Assistant Professor
Johns Hopkins University
- Guerrieri, Luca, and Matteo Iacoviello (Forthcoming). "OccBin: A Toolkit for Solving Dynamic Models with Occasionally Binding Constraints Easily," Journal of Monetary Economics.
- Guerrieri, Luca, Dale Henderson, and Jinill Kim (2014). "Modeling Investment -Sector Efficiency Shocks: When does Disaggregation Matter?" International economic review, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 891-917.
- Bodenstein, Martin, Luca Guerrieri, and Christopher J. Gust (2013). "Oil Shocks and the Zero Bound on Nominal Interest Rates," Journal of International Money and Finance, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 941-967.
- Bodenstein, Martin, Luca Guerrieri, and Lutz Kilian (2012). "Monetary Policy Responses to Oil Price Fluctuations," IMF Economic Review, vol. 64, no. 4, pp. 470-504.
- Guerrieri, Luca, Matteo Iacoviello, and Raoul Minetti (2012). "Banks, Sovereign Debt and the International Transmission of Business Cycles," in NBER International Seminar on Macroeconomics 2012. University of Chicago Press.
- Bodenstein, Martin, Christopher J. Erceg, and Luca Guerrieri (2011). "Oil Shocks and External Adjustment," Journal of International Economics, vol. 83, no. 2, pp. 168-184.
- Erceg, Christopher J., Luca Guerrieri, and Steven B. Kamin (2011). "Did Easy Money in the Dollar Bloc Fuel the the Oil Price Run-Up?" International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 131-160.
- Guerrieri, Luca, Christopher Gust, and David Lopez-Salido (2010). "International Competition and Inflation: A New Keynesian Perspective," American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 247-280.
- Bodenstein, Martin, Christopher J. Erceg, and Luca Guerrieri (2008). "Optimal Monetary Policy with Distinct Core and Headline Inflation Rates," Journal of Monetary Economics, Supplement 1, vol. 55, pp. S18-S33.
- Bastani, Houtan, and Luca Guerrieri, eds. (2008). On the Application of Automatic Differentiation to the Likelihood Function for Dynamic General Equilibrium Models, Advances in Automatic Differentiation: Lecture Notes in Computational Science and Engineering vol. 64. Berlin: Springer.
- Erceg, Christopher J., Luca Guerrieri, and Christopher Gust (2008). "Trade Adjustment and the Composition of Trade," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, vol. 32, no. 8, pp. 2622-2650.
- Erceg, Christopher J., Luca Guerrieri, and Christopher Gust (2006). "SIGMA: A New Open Economy Model for Policy Analysis," International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 1-50.
- Guerrieri, Luca (2006). "The Inflation Persistence of Staggered Contracts," Journal of Money, Credit, and Banking, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 483-494.
- Erceg, Christopher J., Luca Guerrieri, and Christopher Gust (2005). "Can Long-Run Restrictions Identify Technology Shocks?" Journal of the European Economic Association, vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 1237-1278.
- Erceg, Christopher J., Luca Guerrieri, and Christopher Gust (2005). "Expansionary Fiscal Shocks and the US Trade Deficit," International Finance, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 363-397.
Last update: August 3, 2015