Supervisory Policy and Guidance Topics
Supervisory and Confidential Information (Treatment and Communication)
The Federal Reserve's rules regarding the availability of information are found in 12 C.F.R. Part 261. These rules set forth the categories of information made available to the public, the procedures for obtaining documents and records, the procedures for limited release of exempt and confidential supervisory information, and the procedures for protecting confidential business information.
Policy LettersSupervisory and Confidential Information (Treatment and Communication)
Supervisory Considerations for the Communication of Supervisory Findings
Revised Policy Governing Access to Confidential Supervisory Information
Interagency Advisory on the Confidentiality of Nonpublic Supervisory Information
Guidelines for Using External Experts on Examinations, Inspections, and Other Bank Supervision Matters
Standards for Safeguarding Customer Information
Access to Books and Records of Financial Institutions During Examinations and Inspections
State/Federal Protocol and Nationwide Supervisory Agreement
Interagency Guidance on Coordination and Communication Between External Auditors and Examiners
Interagency Agreement Relating to the Coordination of Major Criminal, Civil and Administrative Cases
Information Sharing with the Federal Home Loan Banks
- Bank Holding Company Supervision Manual
- Section 1050.2.4.1, "Coordination and Information Sharing Among Domestic Primary Bank Supervisors and Functional Regulators"
- Section 2124.04.3, "Communication and Coordination Among Supervisors to Develop and Administer a Supervisory Plan"
- Section 4070.5, "Nondisclosure of Supervisory Ratings"
- Commercial Bank Examination Manual
- Section 5020.1, "Overall Conclusions Regarding Condition of the Bank"
- Section A.5020.1, "Overall Conclusions Regarding Condition of the Bank: Uniform Financial Institutions Rating System"
- Section 6000.1, "Commercial Bank Report of Examination" (See the subsection: Communication of Examination Findings)