Meet the Economists
- Ph.D., Economics, University of California - Riverside, 2008
- M.A., Economics, Marmara University, 2002
- B.A., Economics, Marmara University, 2000
- Financial Stress and Short-term Funding Dynamics
- Monetary Policy Implementation
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2018 - present
University of California, San Diego2017
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2015 - 2018
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2011 - 2015
Assistant Professor of Economics
University of New Hampshire2008 - 2011
- Anbil, Sriya, and Zeynep Senyuz (2018). "The Regulatory and Monetary Policy Nexus in the Repo Market," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2018-027. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Yoldas, Emre, and Zeynep Senyuz (2018). "Financial Stress and Equilibrium Dynamics in Term Interbank Funding Markets," Journal of Financial Stability, vol. 34, pp. 136-149.
- Senyuz, Zeynep, and Manjola Tase (2017). "Overnight Reverse Repurchase (ON RRP) Operations and Uncertainty in the Repo Market," FEDS Notes 2017-10-19. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Klee, Elizabeth, Zeynep Senyuz, and Emre Yoldas (2016). "Effects of Changing Monetary and Regulatory Policy on Overnight Money Markets," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2016-084. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Carpenter, Seth B., Selva Demiralp, and Zeynep Senyuz (2016). "Volatility in the Federal Funds Market and Money Market Spreads During the Financial Crisis," Journal of Financial Stability, vol. 25, pp. 225-233.
- Chauvet, Marcelle, and Zeynep Senyuz (2016). "A Dynamic Factor Model of the Yield Curve Components as a Predictor of the Economy," International Journal of Forecasting, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 324-343.
- Senyuz, Zeynep, Emre Yoldas and Marcelle Chauvet (2015). "What Does Financial Volatility Tell Us About Macroeconomic Fluctuations?," Journal of Economic Dynamics & Control, vol. 52, pp. 340-360.
- Klee, Elizabeth, Zeynep Senyuz, and Emre Yoldas (2015). "Dynamics of Overnight Money Markets: What Has Changed at the Zero Lower Bound?" FEDS Notes 2015-12-21. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Yoldas, Emre, and Zeynep Senyuz (2015). "Financial Stress and Equilibrium Dynamics in Money Markets," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2015-091. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Carpenter, Seth, Selva Demiralp, Bernd Schlusche, and Zeynep Senyuz (2014). "Measuring Stress in Money Markets: A Dynamic Factor Approach," Economics Letters, vol. 125, no. 1, pp. 101-106.
- Senyuz, Zeynep, Emre Yoldas, and I. Onur Baycan (2014). "Cyclical Dynamics of the Turkish Economy and the Stock Market," International Economic Journal, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 405-423.
- Akay, Ozgur, Zeynep Senyuz, and Emre Yoldas (2013). "Hedge Fund Contagion and Risk-Adjusted Returns: A Markov-Switching Dynamic Factor Approach," Journal of Empirical Finance, vol. 22, pp. 16-29.
- Senyuz, Zeynep (2011). "Factor Analysis of Permanent and Transitory Dynamics of the US Economy and the Stock Market," Journal of Applied Econometrics, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 975-998.
- Gonzalez-Rivera, Gloria, Zeynep Senyuz, and Emre Yoldas (2011). "Autocontours: Dynamic Specification Testing," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 186-200.
ASSA Annual Meeting, IBEFA, Philadelphia
World Finance Conference, Sardinia; Econometric Society, Lisbon; WFA-CFAR and JFI Conf., St. Louis; ECB Money Markets Workshop, Frankfurt
University of California, Riverside
IFABS Annual Conference, Barcelona; WEAI Conference, Portland
International Workshop on Financial Markets and Nonlinear Dynamics, Paris, France; ISF, Riverside
Federal Reserve Board; American University
SNDE Annual Symposium, NYC; Conference on Advances in Applied Macro-Finance and Forecasting, Istanbul
IFABS Annual Conference, Valencia
SNDE Symposium, Washington D.C.; St. Louis Fed Applied Time Series Econometrics Workshop; Computing in Economics and Finance, San Francisco; SEA, D.C.
The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia; Federal Reserve Board
ISF San Diego; Joint Statistical Meetings of the American Statistical Association, Vancouver
University of New Hampshire; Bentley University
SEA Annual Meetings, San Antonio; SNDE Symposium Atlanta
California State University, Sacramento; Pomona College; Bank of Canada
International Symposium on Forecasting (ISF), NYC; Far Eastern Meetings of the Econometric Society, Taipei
NBER-NSF Time Series Conference, Montreal
Monetary Affairs, Federal Reserve Board
Division Director's Award
World Finance Conference
Honorable Mention in the Best Paper Award
University of California, Riverside
Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award
International Institute of Forecasters
Conference Travel Grant
- Economics Letters
- Empirical Economics
- Finance Research Letters
- International Journal of Forecasting
- International Finance
- Journal of Applied Econometrics
- Journal of Banking and Finance
- Journal of Business and Economic Statistics
- Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control
- Journal of Macroeconomics
- Journal of Quantitative Economics
- Macroeconomic Dynamics
- Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics and Econometrics