- Ph.D., Finance, Robert H Smith School of Business, University of Maryland, 2010
- M.B.A., Management, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, 2002
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, 1999
Current Research Topics
- Text Analysis, Market Efficiency, Informed Trading
- Value Premium
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
- 2013 - present
College of Business Administration, University of Illinois at Chicago
- 2010 - 2013
- Sinha, Nitish (Forthcoming). "Underreaction to News in the US Stock Market," Quarterly Journal of Finance.
- Bertaut, Carol C., and Nitish Sinha (2015). "How much has Dollar Appreciation Affected U.S. Corporate Profits?" IFDP Notes 2015-07-17. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Heston, Steven L., and Nitish Sinha (2015). "News versus Sentiment: Predicting Stock Returns from News Stories," Robert H. Smith School Research Paper, University of Maryland.
- Sinha, Nitish (2014). "Using Big Data in Finance : Example of Sentiment-Extraction from News Articles," FEDS Notes 2014-03-26. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Kyle, Albert Sidney, Anna A. Obizhaeva, Nitish Ranjan Sinha, and Tugkan Tuzun (2012). "News Articles and the Invariance Hypothesis," AFA 2012 Chicago Meetings Paper, Midwest Finance Association 2012 Annual Meetings Paper.
- Muehlenbachs, Lucija; Elisabeth Newcomb Sinha, and Nitish Sinha (2011). "Strategic Release of News at the EPA," Resources for the Future, Discussion Paper 11-45. Resources for the Future, Discussion Papers.
- Sinha, Nitish, and Wei Dong (2011). "Where Do Informed Traders Trade? Trading Around News on Dow 30 Options," Midwest Finance Association 2012 Annual Meetings Paper.
- Sinha, Nitish (2010). "Essays on News and Asset Prices," Ph.D. dissertation, University of Maryland.
UIC Liautaud school of business
Favorite MBA Professor of the year
Chicago Quantitative Alliance
Midwest Finance Association
Best Paper, Investments
Robert H Smith School of Business, University of Maryland
Allan N. Nash outstanding doctoral student award
- Review of Financial Studies
- Accounting and Business Research
- Financial Review
- Quantitative Finance
- American Finance Association
- Financial Management Association
Last update: December 21, 2015