The Federal Reserve is committed to understanding the market and gaining insights on innovative financial technologies and their impacts on firms and the financial system through peer-tested research. Below is a sample of Federal Reserve research papers on innovation-related topics.
- Joseph P. Hughes, Julapa Jagtiani, and Choon-Geol Moon, "Consumer Lending Efficiency: Commercial Banks versus Fintech Lender (PDF)," (Philadelphia: Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, April 2019).
- "Federal Reserve Banks' 2019 Small Business Credit Survey (PDF)" (2019).
- Julapa Jagtiani and Catherine Lemieux, "The Roles of Alternative Data and Machine Learning in Fintech Lending: Evidence from the Lending Club Consumer Platform (PDF)," (Philadelphia: Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, April 2018).
- Barbara J. Lipman and Ann Marie Wiersch, "Browsing to Borrow: Mom & Pop Small Business Perspectives on Online Lenders (PDF)," (Washington, DC: Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, June 2018).
- David Mills, Kathy Wang, Brendan Malone, Anjana Ravi, Jeff Marquardt, Clinton Chen, Anton Badev, Timothy Brezinski, Linda Fahy, Kimberley Liao, Vanessa Kargenian, Max Ellithorpe, Wendy Ng, and Maria Baird, "Distributed ledger technology in payments, clearing, and settlement (PDF)," (Washington, DC: Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, 2016).
- Barbara J. Lipman and Ann Marie Wiersch, "Alternative Lending through the Eyes of 'Mom-and-Pop' Small-Business Owners," (Cleveland: Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, August 2015).
- Anton Badev and Matthew Chen, "Bitcoin: Technical Background and Data Analysis (PDF)," (Washington, DC: Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, October 2014).