For additional information or to file a complaint about a bank, savings and loan, credit union, credit card, or other financial institution, contact one of the following federal agencies, depending on the type of institution.

All phone numbers in this list that begin with the area code 800, 855, 877, and 888 are toll free.

Regulatory Agency Regulated Entity(ies) Telephone/Website
Federal Reserve Consumer Help
P.O. Box 1200
Minneapolis, MN 55480
Federally insured state-chartered bank members of the Federal Reserve System

(888) 851-1920

Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB)
P.O. Box 4503
Iowa City, IA 52244
Insured depository institutions and credit unions (and their affiliates) with assets greater than $10 billion, and nondepository institutions such as mortgage originators, mortgage brokers and servicers, larger participants of other financial services products, private education loan providers, and payday lenders (855) 411-2372
Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC)
Customer Assistance Unit
1301 McKinney Street
Suite 3450
Houston, TX 77010
National banks and federally chartered savings banks/associations (800) 613-6743
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
Consumer Response Center
1100 Walnut Street, Box #11
Kansas City, MO 64106
Federally insured state-chartered banks that are not members of the Federal Reserve System (877) ASK-FDIC or (877) 275-3342
Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA)
Consumer Communications
Constitution Center
400 7th Street, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20024
Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and the Federal Home Loan Banks (202) 649-3811
National Credit Union Administration (NCUA)Consumer Assistance
1775 Duke Street
Alexandria, VA 22314-3428
Federally chartered credit unions (800) 755-1030
Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
Consumer Response Center
600 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20580
Finance companies, retail stores, auto dealers, mortgage companies and other lenders, and credit bureaus (877) FTC-HELP or (877) 382-4357
Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
Complaint Center
100 F Street, N.E.
Washington, D.C. 20549-0213
Brokerage firms, mutual fund companies, and investment advisers (202) 551-6551
Farm Credit Administration
Office of Congressional and Public Affairs
1501 Farm Credit Drive
McLean, VA 22102-5090
Agricultural lenders (703) 883-4056
Small Business Administration (SBA)
Consumer Affairs
409 3rd Street, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20416
Small business lenders (800) U-ASK-SBA or (800) 827-5722
Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC)
1155 21st Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20581
Commodity brokers, commodity trading advisers, commodity pools, and introducing brokers (866) 366-2382
U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ)
Criminal Division
950 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20530
Fair lending and fair housing issues

(202) 514-3301


Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
Office of Fair Housing/Equal Opportunity
451 7th Street, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20410


Fair lending and fair housing issues

(800) 669-9777


Back to Top
Last Update: November 18, 2014