Meet the Economists
- Ph.D., Finance, University of California - Los Angeles, 2003
- Financial Stability, Empirical Asset Pricing
- Hedge Funds and Mutual Funds
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2017 - present
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2010 - present
Paul Merage School of Business, University of California - Irvine2003 - 2010
- Jiang, Hao, Yi Li, Zheng Sun, and Ashley Wang (forthcoming). "Does Mutual Fund Illiquidity Introduce Fragility into Asset Prices? Evidence from the Corporate Bond Market," Journal of Financial Economics.
- Jiang, Hao, Dan Li, and Ashley Wang (2020). "Dynamic Liquidity Management by Corporate Bond Mutual Funds," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, pp. 1-31.
- Sun, Zheng, Ashley W. Wang, and Lu Zheng (2018). "Only Winners in Tough Times Repeat: Hedge Fund Performance Persistence over Different Market Conditions," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis., vol. 53, no. 5, p. 2199-2225.
- Mintchika, Natalia, Ashley Wang, and Gaiyan Zhang (2014). "Institutional Investor Preferences for Analyst Forecast Accuracy: Which Institutions Care?" International Review of Accounting, Banking and Finance, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 86-114.
- Sun, Zheng, Ashley Wang, and Lu Zheng (2012). "Road Less Travelled: Strategy Distinctiveness and Hedge Fund Performance," Review of Financial Studies, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 96-143.
- Brennan, Michael J., and Ashley W. Wang (2010). "The Mispricing Return Premium," Review of Financial Studies, vol. 23, no. 9, pp. 3437-3468.
- Wang, Ashley W., and Gaiyan Zhang (2009). "Institutional Ownership and Credit Spreads: An Information Asymmetry Perspective," Journal of Empirical Finance, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 597-612.
- Brennan, Michael J., Ashley W. Wang, and Yihong Xia (2004). "Estimation and Test of a Simple Model of Intertemporal Capital Asset Pricing," Journal of Finance, vol. 59, no. 4, pp. 1743-1775.
- Longstaff, Francis A., and Ashley W. Wang (2004). "Electricity Forward Prices: A High-Frequency Empirical Analysis," Journal of Finance, vol. 59, no. 4, pp. 1877-1900.
- Journal of Finance
- Journal of Financial Markets
- Journal of Banking and Finance
- Energy Journal
- Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis
- Journal of Empirical Finance
- International Review of Finance
- American Finance Association
- Society of Financial Studies
- Western Finance Association