Meet the Economists
- Ph.D., Economics, Goethe University Frankfurt, 2014
- M.Sc., Quantitative Economics, Goethe University Frankfurt, 2010
Current Research Topics
- Macro Models with Financial Sector
- Imperfect Information in Macro Models
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2017 - present
- Afanasyeva, Elena, and Jochen Guntner (2018). "Bank Market Power and the Risk Channel of Monetary Policy," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2018-006. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Afanasyeva, Elena, and Jochen Güntner (2015). "Lending Standards, Credit Booms, and Monetary Policy," Economics Working Paper 15115. Hoover Institution.
- Wieland, Volker, Elena Afanasyeva, Meguy Kuete, and Jinhyuk Yoo (2016). "New Methods for Macro-Financial Model Comparison and Policy Analysis," in Taylor, John B., and Harald Uhlig (eds.). Handbook of Macroeconomics, vol. 2A, pp. 1241-1319.
- Afanasyeva, Elena, Felix Hammermann, and Rainer Schweickert (2007). "From a Soviet Past to a European Future? Political and Economic Developments in Ukraine," International Journal of Economics, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 119-141.
- Journal of Macroeconomics
- Journal of Monetary Economics
- Macroeconomic Dynamics
- Bank of Spain Working Paper Series
Last update: April 9, 2018