Meet the Economists
- Ph.D., Economics, University of Maryland, 2006
- M.A., Economics, University of Porto, 2001
- B.A., Economics, University of Porto, 1996
Current Research Topics
- Investment, Expectations, and Uncertainty
- Productivity and Firm Dynamics
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2006 - present
University of Porto1997 - 2001
- Byrne, David, Wendy Dunn, and Eugenio Pinto (2016). "Prices and Depreciation in the Market for Tablet Computers," FEDS Notes 2016-12-05. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Byrne, David M., and Eugénio P. Pinto (2015). "The Recent Slowdown in High-Tech Equipment Price Declines and Some Implications for Business Investment and Labor Productivity," FEDS Notes 2015-03-26. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Nalewaik, Jeremy, and Eugenio P. Pinto (2015). "The Response of Capital Goods Shipments to Demand Over the Business Cycle," Journal of Macroeconomics, vol. 43, pp. 62-80.
- Pinto, Eugenio P., and Stacey Tevlin (2014). "Perspectives on the Recent Weakness in Investment," FEDS Notes 2014-05-21. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Pinto, Eugenio (2011). "Firms' Relative Sensitivity to Aggregate Shocks and the Dynamics of Gross Job Flows," Labour Economics, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 111-119.
- Pinto, Eugenio (2008). "Firm Dynamics with Infrequent Adjustment and Learning," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2008-14. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Pinto, Eugenio (2006). "Heterogeneity and Input Reallocation," Ph.D. dissertation, University of Maryland.
Last update: March 18, 2017