Meet the Economists
- Ph.D., Economics, Harvard University, 2010
- B.A., Economics and History, Brandeis University, 2005
- Economics of Mergers
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2019 - present
Antitrust Division, U.S. Department of Justice2010 - 2019
Acting Chief Economist
Wireless Telecommunications Bureau, Federal Communications Commission2014 - 2015
- Miller, Nathan, Gloria Sheu, and Matthew Weinberg (2018). "Oligopolistic Price Leadership: An Empirical Model of the U.S. Beer Industry" SSRN Electronic Journal.
- Sheu, Gloria, and Charles Taragin (2018). "Simulating Mergers in a Vertical Supply Chain with Bargaining," EAG Discussions Papers, no. 201804.
- Morales, Eduardo, Gloria Sheu, and Andres Zahler (forthcoming). "Extended Gravity," Review of Economic Studies, .
- Miller, Nathan H., Marc Remer, Conor Ryan, and Gloria Sheu (2017). "Upward pricing pressure as a predictor of merger price effects" International Journal of Industrial Organization, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 683-709.
- Miller, Nathan H., Matthew Osborne, and Gloria Sheu (2017). "Pass-through in a concentrated industry: empirical evidence and regulatory implications" The RAND Journal of Economics, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 69-93.
- Miller, Nathan H., Marc Remer, Conor Ryan, and Gloria Sheu (2017). "Pass-Through and the Prediction of Merger Price Effects" The Journal of Industrial Economics, vol. 64, no. 4, pp. 683-709.
- Sheu, Gloria (2014). "Price, Quality, and Variety: Measuring the Gains from Trade in Differentiated Products" American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 66-89.
- MacKay, Alexander, Nathan H. Miller, Marc Remer, and Gloria Sheu (2014). "Bias in Reduced-Form Estimates of Pass-Through," Economics Letters, vol. 123, no. 2, pp. 200-202.
- Miller, Nathan H., Marc Remer, and Gloria Sheu (2013). "Using Cost Pass-Through to Calibrate Demand," Economics Letters, vol. 118, no. 3, pp. 451-454.
- Sheu, Gloria, and Charles Taragin (2012). "Calibrating the AIDS and Multinomial Logit Models with Observed Product Margins," EAG Discussions Papers, no. 201207.