Meet the Economists
- Ph.D., Finance, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2006
- M.A., Statistics, Columbia University, 2001
- M.A., Economics, State University of New York at Buffalo, 2000
- B.A., Business Administration, Mathematics Education, Seoul National University, 1999
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2013 - present
Visiting Assistant Professor of Finance
Robert H. Smith School of Business, University of Maryland2012 - 2013
Assistant Professor of Finance
SKK Graduate School of Business, Sungkyunkwan University2006 - 2013
Sloan School of Business, MIT2007
- Kara, Gazi I., and Youngsuk Yook (2019). "Policy Uncertainty and Bank Mortgage Credit," BIS Working Papers, no. 820. Bank for International Settlements.
- Kara, Gazi I., and Youngsuk Yook (2019). "Policy Uncertainty and Bank Mortgage Credit," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2019-066. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Julio, Brandon, and Youngsuk Yook (2016). "Earnings Management and Corporate Investment Decisions," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2016-086. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Maksimovic, Vojislav, Mandy Tham, and Youngsuk Yook (2015). "Demand Shock, Liquidity Management, and Firm Growth during the Financial Crisis," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2015-096. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Julio, Brandon, and Youngsuk Yook (2016). "Policy Uncertainty, Irreversibility, and Cross-Border Flows of Capital," Journal of International Economics, vol. 103, pp. 13-26.
- Gerlach, Jeffrey R., and Youngsuk Yook (2016). "Political Conflict and Foreign Portfolio Investment: Evidence from North Korean Attacks," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, vol. 39, pp. 178-196.
- Julio, Brandon, and Youngsuk Yook (2012). "Political Uncertainty and Corporate Investment Cycles," Journal of Finance, vol. 67, no. 1, pp. 45-83.
- Guse, Matthew, Woojung Park, Zack Saravay, and Youngsuk Yook (2019). "Collateralized Loan Obligations in the Financial Accounts of the United States," FEDS Notes 2019-09-20. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Ogden, Rick, Francisco Palomino, Nitish Sinha, and Youngsuk Yook (2016). "Corporate Bond Issuers' Swap Exposure to Rising Interest Rates," FEDS Notes 2016-05-26. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Holmquist, Elizabeth, Max Miller, and Youngsuk Yook (2016). "International Portfolio Investment Holdings of Long-term Securities in the Enhanced Financial Accounts," FEDS Notes 2016-08-05. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Punatar, Priya and Youngsuk Yook (2014). "Measuring Direct Investment in the Financial Accounts of the United State," FEDS Notes 2014-10-31. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
2021 Bristol Workshop on Banking and Financial Intermediation (discussion), 2020 AEA Conference*, 2020 EEA Conference*, 2020 FMA Conference
2016 FIRS Conference, 2016 WFA Conference (discussion), 2016 FMA Conference (presentation & discussion), 2017 European FMA, 2017 CAFM (discussion)
Becker Friedman Institute and Hoover Institution Conference on Elections, Policymaking, and Economic Uncertainty (discussion)
2014 AEA Conference, 2013 WFA Conference, 2013 EFA Conference*, 2013 Lisbon Meeting on Institutions and Political Economy*
2012 University of Chicago Conference on Policy Uncertainty and its Economic Implications*, 2012 TCFA Best Paper Symposium*, 2012 FMA Conference
2012 China International Conference in Finance, 2010 Finance Down Under Conference, 2010 Asian Finance Association International Conference
2010 AFA Conference*, 2009 EFA Conference, 2009 Singapore International Conference on Finance, 2009 Paris Spring Corporate Finance Conference*
2007 EFA Conference, 2008 China International Conference in Finance*, 2008 Asian Finance/Nippon Finance Association Joint International Conference*
2006 FMA Conference (Top-Ten Percent Session), 2006 Korean Association of Futures and Options Conference, 2006 FMA European Conference
* indicates presentation by co-author
Midwest Finance Association
Outstanding Paper Award
The Chinese Finance Association
Best Paper Award
Lisbon Meeting on Institutions and Political Economy
Best Paper Award
European Finance Association
- Accounting Review, Economic Journal, Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, European Economic Review, European Journal of Political Economy, Journal of Banking and Finance, Journal of Corporate Finance, Journal of Empirical Finance, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Journal of Financial Economics, Journal of Financial Research, Journal of Financial Services Research, Journal of International Money and Finance, Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Management Science, Pacific-Asian Finance Journal, Review of Financial Studies