Meet the Economists
- Ph.D., Finance, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2006
- M.A., Statistics, Columbia University, 2001
- M.A., Economics, State University of New York at Buffalo, 2000
- B.A., Business Administration, Mathematics Education, Seoul National University, 1999
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2013 - present
Visiting Assistant Professor of Finance
Robert H. Smith School of Business, University of Maryland2012 - 2013
Assistant Professor of Finance
SKK Graduate School of Business, Sungkyunkwan University2006 - 2013
Sloan School of Business, MIT2007
- Julio, Brandon, and Youngsuk Yook (2016). "Earnings Management and Corporate Investment Decisions," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2016-086. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Maksimovic, Vojislav, Mandy Tham, and Youngsuk Yook (2015). "Demand Shock, Liquidity Management, and Firm Growth during the Financial Crisis," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2015-096. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Julio, Brandon, and Youngsuk Yook (2016). "Policy Uncertainty, Irreversibility, and Cross-Border Flows of Capital," Journal of International Economics, vol. 103, pp. 13-26.
- Gerlach, Jeffrey R., and Youngsuk Yook (2016). "Political Conflict and Foreign Portfolio Investment: Evidence from North Korean Attacks," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, vol. 39, pp. 178-196.
- Julio, Brandon, and Youngsuk Yook (2012). "Political Uncertainty and Corporate Investment Cycles," Journal of Finance, vol. 67, no. 1, pp. 45-83.
- Ogden, Rick, Francisco Palomino, Nitish Sinha, and Youngsuk Yook (2016). "Corporate Bond Issuers' Swap Exposure to Rising Interest Rates," FEDS Notes 2016-05-26. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Holmquist, Elizabeth, Max Miller, and Youngsuk Yook (2016). "International Portfolio Investment Holdings of Long-term Securities in the Enhanced Financial Accounts," FEDS Notes 2016-08-05. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Punatar, Priya and Youngsuk Yook (2014). "Measuring Direct Investment in the Financial Accounts of the United State," FEDS Notes 2014-10-31. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
2016 FIRS Conference, 2016 WFA Conference (discussion), 2016 FMA Conference (presentation & discussion), 2017 European FMA Conference
Becker Friedman Institute and Hoover Institution Conference on Elections, Policymaking, and Economic Uncertainty (discussion)
2014 AEA Conference, 2013 WFA Conference, 2013 EFA Conference*, 2013 Lisbon Meeting on Institutions and Political Economy*
2012 University of Chicago Conference on Policy Uncertainty and its Economic Implications*, 2012 TCFA Best Paper Symposium*, 2012 FMA Conference
2012 China International Conference in Finance, 2010 Finance Down Under Conference, 2010 Asian Finance Association International Conference
2010 AFA Conference*, 2009 EFA Conference, 2009 Singapore International Conference on Finance, 2009 Paris Spring Corporate Finance Conference*
2007 EFA Conference, 2008 China International Conference in Finance*, 2008 Asian Finance/Nippon Finance Association Joint International Conference*
2006 FMA Conference (Top-Ten Percent Session), 2006 Korean Association of Futures and Options Conference, 2006 FMA European Conference
* indicates presentation by co-author
Midwest Finance Association
Outstanding Paper Award
The Chinese Finance Association
Best Paper Award
Lisbon Meeting on Institutions and Political Economy
Best Paper Award